Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

07 18 18 - I2 firmware fix for gimbal yaw issues?

well, my I2 was on a version 2-3 versions old & which was working fine, but with the I2 being in for some service work on it, the service centre decided unilaterally to update the firmware to the one with the gimbal pan problem :mad::rolleyes:... I've been doing some recommissioning test flight this last week & decided I might as well throw caution to the wind and do the latest firmware today.... Update went fine, no issues reported. Done via an iPad and Go 4, then assistant 2 & PC plugged in and I2 reset to defaults. Ancient version of G0 4 deleted and latest (4.2.22) downloaded and installed,

Gimbal behaves itself, haven't tried it with the 45mm yet, but 7.5/12/15 and 25 all work fine. Everything else seems to be OK, other than it has taken to announcing that the landing gear is lowering at random times during at least 4 flights & while at altitude, sometimes followed immediately by landing gear raising... they're reported on screen and in the log, but the landing gear never actually begins the transition o_O. Don't know if it's sunlight that's confusing the sensors or what!!

It's also thrown an IMU switch warning which I've never seen before... checked it on the ground and it was supposedly using the same IMU as when it took off :rolleyes:

From the airdata log entry for one flight...
"08m 52s 393.4 ft 460 m Warning Landing gear lowered.Obstacle Avoidance Disabled.
08m 52s 393.4 ft 468 m Warning IMU Redundancy Switch"

Not sure if there's a mismatch with the DJI Go 4 version and the firmware... Go 4 was on 4.2.22 and some of the release notes mention a version 4.2.24 which isn't available yet!

Might try a refresh via assistant 2 over weekend and see if that improves anything (most likely not :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Updated yesterday and flights went very well. I do not get a pan with my 45mm. I also did not get any errors or issues with the landing gear.
Confirmed that the instant pan when switching flight modes is fixed.
I also do not have the sensors activated, so that may have been your cause.
I still have my gimbal yaw set to 0 and did not see a difference when adjusting it.
I did have to back off the braking setting to 50 as it seemed more abrupt than previously.
I am pretty happy since the last CS and I2 updates. Only took a year to fix those issues!

Updated I2,RC and all batteries and CS/7.85U to latest levels have only flown once with X5S/12MM oly and did not see pan issue. Did see lag/stutter on video at 2.7 but did not see disconnects I had seen on previous release. Also out of date maps using CS Go4 4.2.21. Lag and maps problem do not occur if I switch to ipad pro 10.5 at 11.4.1.

all work fine. Everything else seems to be OK, other than it has taken to announcing that the landing gear is lowering at random times during at least 4 flights & while at altitude, sometimes followed immediately by landing gear raising.

Only happened on 1 pack. Flew twice today with no pop ups.

It's also thrown an IMU switch warning which I've never seen before... checked it on the ground and it was supposedly using the same IMU as when it took off :rolleyes:

The IMU warning freaked me out:eek:Otherwise life is good:cool:

Reactions: Cruncher
Updated yesterday and flights went very well. I do not get a pan with my 45mm. I also did not get any errors or issues with the landing gear.
Confirmed that the instant pan when switching flight modes is fixed.
I also do not have the sensors activated, so that may have been your cause.
I still have my gimbal yaw set to 0 and did not see a difference when adjusting it.
I did have to back off the braking setting to 50 as it seemed more abrupt than previously.
I am pretty happy since the last CS and I2 updates. Only took a year to fix those issues!

I noticed the same thing with the braking, seemed very harsh. Backed off to 50 and it seems more like normal.

Mark

Here is a related question....
In the list of updates, it alludes to being able to custom assign the gimbal/camera horizontal-to-vertical swap to a button. I went to try that and it doesn't seem to be there. Any thoughts? I am referring to a custom Cendence button assignment to make the gimbal point forward and down at the press of a button.

Awaiting u
Here is a related question....
In the list of updates, it alludes to being able to custom assign the gimbal/camera horizontal-to-vertical swap to a button. I went to try that and it doesn't seem to be there. Any thoughts? I am referring to a custom Cendence button assignment to make the gimbal point forward and down at the press of a button.

The release notes say that is awaiting GO4 update to .24, which is currently on .21. Patience.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue