Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1 or 2 Remote Controller?

Reaction score
I'm wondering will 2 remote controller be needed or just 1? Can I have it fly on the pre determined path or on certain direction and then switch to control the camera while it's flying on just one remote controller?

Thanks
Colin

I'm wondering will 2 remote controller be needed or just 1? Can I have it fly on the pre determined path or on certain direction and then switch to control the camera while it's flying on just one remote controller?

Thanks
Colin

Th current firmware / software doesn't allow for this yet. Waypoints are not built in at this time.

Great question.

I never envisioned myself with two controllers, but if I could set waypoints, send the i1 off, and then use the other controller to manage the camera, it would make sense. The 2nd controller would permit you to pan the camera. Would be better if this could all be accomplished with one controller !!!

Interestingly, a recall seeing a video with the DJI guy, and he clearly showed the new app with a waypoint screen. Per Adam, maybe not implemented yet.

That quite depends on your use case, no? If you're happy with the way the P2V+ operates, for instance, then 1 controller may work for you (it only got waypoints within the last few months anyway).

But since your original post referenced 'switching control to the camera', then you'll need two.

At least initially. I definitely hope there will be some way of controlling it, but I'm also curious if DJI would remove the stick control from the Phantom, even temporarily. Sure, yaw isn't a true necessity for flight, but it could cause disorientation in an emergency.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84