Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1 Pro Problem - Green Light Solid - No Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hey all - great forum!

My first drone was the DJI I.... with the Fat Shark goggles that never worked all that well.... so I usually just had to eyeball it. So getting this upgrade was a big deal to me!

So I unbox it.... the battery that came with it won't charge... I mean zero. I push the button and it flashes one bar - but that is it. Charged it for a day... nothing. Put it in the drone... won't turn on. Bummer 1.

I downloaded the app / updated the controller / and put the latest file on an SD card. I downloaded the latest firmware and I'm using a MAC... I assume that should be good but never assume... Anyway - when I start up the drone here is what happens:

Green light flashes on the camera and then it is steady about 20% through it's startup procedure. The camera stops where it should - facing forward - and that is it. No more blinking - just solid green.

On the iPad I see the video from the camera - but I can't control it at all. No movement or changing of the camera parameters. The aircraft says RC Signal Lost. It goes from poor signal to medium but most of the time on poor. It doesn't give me any information about the aircraft like if the firmware is out of date or anything.

When I take the card out - of course there is no file written to it saying there was a problem with the firmware update or that there was any type of failure.

Well - bummer 2.... this sucks. Have been screwing with this for three hours. Pulled out a PC - formatted the SD card / downloaded the file on the card from the PC - same **** problem. what the face......

Last edited:
Having the same problem with my Inspire 1 controller. Just downloaded the new firmware. The aircraft and batteries updated just fine, but the controller won't update with the app or the usb stick. I have the same mesasge on the ipad 'RC Signal Lost'

I fixed my issue. I went to the oldest Firmware and then re-loaded the latest one. It took four re-boots for it to take... but it finally did. What a pain.

Fixed my problem. Do you have 2 deviced with the DJI Go App? Like an ipad and an iphone? If so try the update with another device. I switched from my ipad to the iphone, and the update came up to download right away

Hey guys. My new inspire won't upload the bin file from the sd card. Just blinking yellow on the bird rapidly, green solid light on the camera and no beeping to indicate it's updating. What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the latest 1.8.04 or whatever it is

Here you go. I've tried three different SD cards. I've formatted them (on a Mac, which could be a problem, I suppose) as ExFAT, MS-DOS (FAT), and OS-X Extended (Journaled). I've also tried 1.08 and 1.09. Could it be that I need to use a PC from beginning to end for the process? Format, download and transfer?

Attachments

• SD Card Screenshot.pdf
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm having the same problem now. Did you finally get it going, and if so, how?

My controller wouldn't update when connected to my iPad with DJIGO... so I tried plugging the controller into my IPhone with DJIGO instead, and that worked

Here you go. I've tried three different SD cards. I've formatted them (on a Mac, which could be a problem, I suppose) as ExFAT, MS-DOS (FAT), and OS-X Extended (Journaled). I've also tried 1.08 and 1.09. Could it be that I need to use a PC from beginning to end for the process? Format, download and transfer?

You got some strange dots in the file name, it should be exactly as follows

WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

And for V1.9

WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin

I suspect something is changing the file name when your downloading it especially if you have tried multiple times to download the same file

Change the file name to be exactly as above

Actually, I goofed that up, because I made the column too small in Finder, so it inserted ... to show that the file name wasn't completely visible. This is what it actually looks like.

Also, as you can see, there is a DCIM folder. That was created by the Inspire when I tried to update, so it is able to interact with the card in some way. This SD card was formatted ExFAT on a PC and the file was transferred to it on that PC, so I've eliminated the possibility that using a Mac may have anything to do with it. I've also tried using two different SD cards.

I've even tried pushing the red button behind the nose to see if I could force the update. No luck.

Could this have anything to do with trying to jump over too may updates? The previous firmware was V01.03.00.60. Unfortunately, I can't see what's going on with the DJI Go app, because I updated that and lost the RC signal.

Attachments

• SD Card Screenshot Wider.pdf
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
Actually, I goofed that up, because I made the column too small in Finder, so it inserted ... to show that the file name wasn't completely visible. This is what it actually looks like.

Also, as you can see, there is a DCIM folder. That was created by the Inspire when I tried to update, so it is able to interact with the card in some way. This SD card was formatted ExFAT on a PC and the file was transferred to it on that PC, so I've eliminated the possibility that using a Mac may have anything to do with it. I've also tried using two different SD cards.

I've even tried pushing the red button behind the nose to see if I could force the update. No luck.

Could this have anything to do with trying to jump over too may updates? The previous firmware was V01.03.00.60. Unfortunately, I can't see what's going on with the DJI Go app, because I updated that and lost the RC signal.

Just confirm this is an Inspire with X3 not X5 ?

Can you post the hidden log file located in the MISC\LOG folder on the SD card.

This is a hidden file and you will need to enable view hidden files on the computer to see it.

Jumping to V1.8 should not be an issue but try V1.4 first.

Format the SD card, download and place V1.4 .bin on the card and try the update, regardless of what happens then post the hidden log file located as per above and go from there.

It's an X5. I'll do what you recommend.

Also, I've started the RC and the DJI Go app, even though I know it shows RC signal lost, and it does say "reformat recommended", but of course when I try that, it fails. Is there any way to get back to an older Go app?

Interestingly, even though the RC signal is lost, the app does show the correct battery level.

It's an X5. I'll do what you recommend.

Also, I've started the RC and the DJI Go app, even though I know it shows RC signal lost, and it does say "reformat recommended", but of course when I try that, it fails. Is there any way to get back to an older Go app?

Interestingly, even though the RC signal is lost, the app does show the correct battery level.

That's the problem your using X3 Fw, you have to use the Pro firmware for the X5 camera, regardless of if it's an V1 or V2 it becomes a Pro with the X5 fitted and you have to use the fw as such.

You need to download the fw from here

Www.dji.com/zenmuse-X5/info#downloads

Sorry I completely missed this last night and the title should have been a giveaway [emoji5]

Last edited:
You're absolutely right! Thanks! But I'm still having problems.

When I started up with the new file, the upgrade process began immediately – red and green flashing from the camera, periodic gimbal motion and various flashing lights - but I've tried it twice now, and it never gets to the solid green stage, plus when I examine the text file (attached), it looks like it's still not really getting it, as it seems to be referring to an upgrade almost a year ago.

I did notice that the .bin file is noted as a Mac binary file in the Finder. Any issues with that? (I did do the formatting of the SD card on a PC.)

Attachments

• Txt File Screen Grab.pdf
    151.9 KB · Views: 1
Ok your up to date, can you post a screen shot if the about screen showing the fw versions

what's the issue your having now with it ?

No feed ?

Does it show telemetry ?

Also what smart device are you using ?

I will have to upgrade the controller now, and then I hope to be able to see the "about" screen. I use an iPad Mini.

Here are two screen shots: the "about" and the "overall status". As you can see I have a video feed. I thought I was supposed to update the controller, but when I open the "aircraft status" in the DJI Go app when the aircraft isn't turned on, IMG_0334.PNG IMG_0335.PNG there are no controller upgrade options, just a blank window.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth