Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

$100 to who can help me! No joke

Reaction score
Hello

I have owned my inspire since February and never had issues since the 1.4 firmware update.

I started getting weak RC signal issues and disconnect idsues.

DJI asked me to send them The inspire one. So I went ahead and send that to them. After waiting about two weeks I received a inspire back with a brand-new remote. They told me he had something to do with my old remote.

I am beyond frustrated as once again I am having the same issue.

I received the inspire back from DJI with a new remote.

On December 12 I was able to go out and try it out. Right away it asked me to update firmware to 1.5 which I did. I took it out and immediately I had the same issue as before it went to DJI for the rma. So I changed the cables, used my iPhone 5s, I pad air 2, nothing helped.

As I was about to call it quits it just worked. I didn't do anything special, I just got all the bars for remote and video. So I took it up and flew a full battery. I landed and went home.

Today I tried to do the same thing because I had a customer waiting on me for 1 month but to my surprise I was having this issues again. I tried the c1 c2 and triggers, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, different cables, reinstalled the app, nothing worked. all I got was disconnected or weak signal and video loss.

Please look at this video I did of today's issue.

I need this resolved correctly.
What is happening with my inspire.

With Air 2

With iPhone 5s

Hello

I have owned my inspire since February and never had issues since the 1.4 firmware update.

I started getting weak RC signal issues and disconnect idsues.

DJI asked me to send them The inspire one. So I went ahead and send that to them. After waiting about two weeks I received a inspire back with a brand-new remote. They told me he had something to do with my old remote.

I am beyond frustrated as once again I am having the same issue.

I received the inspire back from DJI with a new remote.

On December 12 I was able to go out and try it out. Right away it asked me to update firmware to 1.5 which I did. I took it out and immediately I had the same issue as before it went to DJI for the rma. So I changed the cables, used my iPhone 5s, I pad air 2, nothing helped.

As I was about to call it quits it just worked. I didn't do anything special, I just got all the bars for remote and video. So I took it up and flew a full battery. I landed and went home.

Today I tried to do the same thing because I had a customer waiting on me for 1 month but to my surprise I was having this issues again. I tried the c1 c2 and triggers, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, different cables, reinstalled the app, nothing worked. all I got was disconnected or weak signal and video loss.

Please look at this video I did of today's issue.

I need this resolved correctly.
What is happening with my inspire.

With Air 2

With iPhone 5s
Hi Steven. ..
seems like you have an intermittent short causing a connection problem..
check the connection between your gimbal and ac..make sure the pins are straight and making a good connection. .
sometimes pilots can loosen the mounting plate screws up to two turns which may help align the contact pins..
check the ribon cables from the gimbal to the ac..you can see them from the front of your ac,but you will need to take off the nose cone to access them...
check to make sure the antenna leads are pushed in the socket firmly by using a screw driver..there are four antenna leads that connect upfront ..they are located near the nose accessed from the side ..
hope this helps ..
turbo. ...

Thank you For the replys. I will try to loosen the screws and see if that helps.
I will look into YouTube maybe I can see if someone has done it. I am a visual person.

Why would DJI send me a new remote and tell me everything is ok?? This makes zero sense to me.

Hi Steven. ..
seems like you have an intermittent short causing a connection problem..
check the connection between your gimbal and ac..make sure the pins are straight and making a good connection. .
sometimes pilots can loosen the mounting plate screws up to two turns which may help align the contact pins..
check the ribon cables from the gimbal to the ac..you can see them from the front of your ac,but you will need to take off the nose cone to access them...
check to make sure the antenna leads are pushed in the socket firmly by using a screw driver..there are four antenna leads that connect upfront ..they are located near the nose accessed from the side ..
hope this helps ..
turbo. ...

I can only speculate why dji sent you a rc and said everything is good,but I wouldn't put too much thought into it..

Thank you For the replys. I will try to loosen the screws and see if that helps.
I will look into YouTube maybe I can see if someone has done it. I am a visual person.

Why would DJI send me a new remote and tell me everything is ok?? This makes zero sense to me.

Hi, I hope someone can help me! I have not flown my inspire for a while. I have been in the process of updating the relevant firmware. I downloaded the last firmware to the latest. Unfortunately it is not downloading 1.5 i have done everything i usually do but there is no beeping sound.

App: 2.4.2
Aircraft 1.4.00.10
RC: 1.5.70
Camera 1.4.00.10

I hope someone can help me as i have my flight examination next week and would really like to get this matter resolved.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hey isky...
I'm on older firmware so I'm not too familiar with the current firmware, but I've read about some guys having issues getting 1.5 to update successfully. .
some say it's because of the camera that's installed at the time x3 or X5 ..
Some are saying it's an issue with the firmware itself. .
I'm not sure if having a flashing update firmware prompt on your display will stop you from getting your license. .I'm not sure if it's a requirement to have the latest firmware. .
Perhaps you might want to use your i1 as it is if it works properly until a more definate answer arises. .
turb....

If I use the Osmo camera I do not have the RC issues. The camera does not work of course but the weak RC signal goes away. Then when I put the Inspire X3 back it gives me the weak RC signal issues.

Please look at this video I made trying the different cameras. Comments?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont