Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

333 HOLDERS MAX. ALTITUDE INCREASED TO 400 FT.

Yes, this is a real game changer for a lot of us. It will open up a lot of airspace we had to work around before. Hat tip to the Feds for getting it out.

Reactions: SanCap
It appears they also changed the verbiage form the distance to Heliports. It used to say this:

1. 5 nautical miles (NM) from an airport having an operational control tower; or

2. b) 3 NM from an airport having a published instrument flight procedure, but not having an operational control tower; or

3. c) 2 NM from an airport not having a published instrument flight procedure or an operational control tower; or

4. d) 2 NM from a heliport, gliderport or seaplane base

Now it says this:
    • Five nautical miles (NM) from an airport having an operational control tower; or
    • Three NM from an airport with a published instrument flight procedure, but not an operational tower; or
    • Two NM from an airport without a published instrument flight procedure or an operational tower; or
    • Two NM from a heliport with a published instrument flight procedure.

This says to me that if the Helipad does not have an "Published Instrument Approach" there are no distance requirements. Any Thoughts?

Just found out from FAA that this is not an automatic change. You must refile for the blanket COA or 333. Email is to be sent out in the next few days to holders of COA's and 333. So get ready to refile. UGH

Just found out from FAA that this is not an automatic change. You must refile for the blanket COA or 333. Email is to be sent out in the next few days to holders of COA's and 333. So get ready to refile. UGH
They put out a press release first making it all sound sooo easy. Then sock it to you with more slow bureaucracy. I KNEW it sounded too good.

Why not just email every 333 holder a new blanket COA. It defeats the purpose of having "blanket" COAs...

Last edited:
Heliport clarification is a big deal! If it doesn't have a published instrument approach, it's be aware, be safe, but no range restriction.

They put out a press release first making it all sound sooo easy. Then sock it to you with more slow bureaucracy. I KNEW it sounded too good.

Why not just email every 333 holder a new blanket COA. It defeats the purpose of having "blanket" COAs...

The FAA isn't happy until your not happy. A very true statement. I thought the exact same thing, if your going to call it a blanket COA then it should immediately COVER all existing 333 and COA's.

Each blanket COA applies to a specific 333 exemption. It's not one COA for all 333 exemption holders. The new blanket COA will be granted to the new 333 exemption holders. The new 333 exemptions don't require you to list your aircraft in your exemption and have more options for operations less than 500ft from people and buildings. If you already have a 333 and COA, you will need to request updated versions of both. It's not retroactive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan