Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3rd Party App + Warranty + Flight Logs

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has insight on this...

If flying with 3rd party app (say, litchi) and there is a glitch in-flight that causes a crash (lets assume aircraft is completely lost... ie: fell in water or something), will I be at a disadvantage in terms of dealing with DJI? I'm assuming I will not have any valid flight logs to share with them?

Brings me to another point: If I am using 3rd party app + screen recorder or external hdmi recorder off the remote, will this be sufficient or necessary?

I'm going to be flying over water in remote areas a lot this summer and just want to have my bases covered if the thing ever decides to do something crazy due to hardware/software fault on their part.

Wondering if anyone has insight on this...

If flying with 3rd party app (say, litchi) and there is a glitch in-flight that causes a crash (lets assume aircraft is completely lost... ie: fell in water or something), will I be at a disadvantage in terms of dealing with DJI? I'm assuming I will not have any valid flight logs to share with them?

Brings me to another point: If I am using 3rd party app + screen recorder or external hdmi recorder off the remote, will this be sufficient or necessary?

I'm going to be flying over water in remote areas a lot this summer and just want to have my bases covered if the thing ever decides to do something crazy due to hardware/software fault on their part.

Every time you start the Inspire there will be a log file regardless of what App you are using.
This file (DAT) is stored on a card located in the flight Controller and can be accessed through a Mini-USB connection in back of craft using a computer. These files will be checked by DJI for trouble shooting and Warranty purpose.

Every time you start the Inspire there will be a log file regardless of what App you are using.
This file (DAT) is stored on a card located in the flight Controller and can be accessed through a Mini-USB connection in back of craft using a computer. These files will be checked by DJI for trouble shooting and Warranty purpose.
The OP asked what happens if the aircraft is completely lost and therefore no access to the flight log.
Of course this is a double edged sword since without that flight log they have no way of knowing you were running a 3rd party application. :)

The OP asked what happens if the aircraft is completely lost and therefore no access to the flight log.
Of course this is a double edged sword since without that flight log they have no way of knowing you were running a 3rd party application. :)

Does the warranty not apply if you are using a 3rd party app? I mean the app is sort of bottom of the chain-of-command, and the physical radio transmitter should be able to override any erratic app behavior no?

Does the warranty not apply if you are using a 3rd party app? I mean the app is sort of bottom of the chain-of-command, and the physical radio transmitter should be able to override any erratic app behavior no?
That would be a question only DJI could answer and would depend on how the app/SDK was functioning at the time of failure.

flying over water and there happening anything will not be covered by warranty because of the water. it was said and discussed once here in another thread and someone asked dji and posted their answer. so if you are over whater it does not matter because the do not cover anything then - this is what i recall and understand of what was said - please correct me if i am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flying over water and there happening anything will not be covered by warranty because of the water. it was said and discussed once here in another thread and someone asked dji and posted their answer. so if you are over whater it does not matter because the do not cover anything then - this is what i recall and understand of what was said - please correct me if i am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, that is interesting if that's their official position... I've definitely read some accounts of people getting support after aircraft crashing into water... if that's the case then maybe the whole question is mute and I'm on my own either way.

Perhaps I will contact official support and try and get some clarification on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44