Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

9k S1 sans gimbal & camera

Yes, only 12 minutes when using the A7S3 body and the 24mm lens. Pretty short. We’ll need to see what the overall real world performance is like. The A7 series of cameras are appealing for many reasons and superior in many aspects to the X7. But the S1 airframe does seem a little dodgy. And they are obviously very late to the party.

Looks like they just realized how much more they have to invest in the development and production of gimbals and proprietary displays and cut it off and put it on the market as is. 3rd party gimbal and tablet running only iOS, this sounds like very small target group of people.
For $9K to get just a drone that doesn't do anything different from the existing ones like alta's and m600 is very wrong approach, the only advantage of air peak is the optical avoidance. All existing owners of such class drones will simply by sony camera if they need those cam specs in the air, but why should get the air peak drone? No sense at all, I think we'll see another karma.

Looks like they just realized how much more they have to invest in the development and production of gimbals and proprietary displays and cut it off and put it on the market as is. 3rd party gimbal and tablet running only iOS, this sounds like very small target group of people.
For $9K to get just a drone that doesn't do anything different from the existing ones like alta's and m600 is very wrong approach, the only advantage of air peak is the optical avoidance. All existing owners of such class drones will simply by sony camera if they need those cam specs in the air, but why should get the air peak drone? No sense at all, I think we'll see another karma.
Isn’t the M600 and Alta much larger and heavier though? It says this is 7 lbs and the M600 is 20 lbs? Seems like that would put it in a different class of drone than those two.

Isn’t the M600 and Alta much larger and heavier though? It says this is 7 lbs and the M600 is 20 lbs? Seems like that would put it in a different class of drone than those two.
Yes you're right about M600, but it have much more choice for payloads and it can carry even red and alexa mini, which is not the best for carying a sony camera but if you have the drone and the ronin mx it's just swapping between the camera you need for the job. It's a multi purpose machine.
By Alta I ment the solution from freefly for sony cameras, it's actually called astro. Alta by itself is way different category and is ment only for heavy rigs like red, alexa and sony venice.
But if I'll go for drone with sony only camera I'll choose freefly astro, the drone itself is only 3.1kg and with 1.5kg payload they give 22 min of flight time. It costs $10K, just one grand over the airpeak.

Last edited:
Actually when you put the gimbal and camera on the airpeak it goes above 4kg, it's the same for astro and in that case they are in the same category in which the M600 is - above 4kg and bellow 25kg, according easa laws.

Actually when you put the gimbal and camera on the airpeak it goes above 4kg, it's the same for astro and in that case they are in the same category in which the M600 is - above 4kg and bellow 25kg, according easa laws.
I just mean there’s a big difference between hauling around a 20 lbs drone and the batteries that go with that than a 7 lbs drone. Each battery change on the M600 is almost 8 lbs alone.

Yes you're right about M600, but it have much more choice for payloads and it can carry even red and alexa mini, which is not the best for carying a sony camera but if you have the drone and the ronin mx it's just swapping between the camera you need for the job. It's a multi purpose machine.
By Alta I ment the solution from freefly for sony cameras, it's actually called astro. Alta by itself is way different category and is ment only for heavy rigs like red, alexa and sony venice.
But if I'll go for drone with sony only camera I'll choose freefly astro, the drone itself is only 3.1kg and with 1.5kg payload they give 22 min of flight time. It costs $10K, just one grand over the airpeak.
Yea the Astro is interesting too. Not a lot has come out about that one. They seem to be advertising it as more of an industrial drone than a cinema drone which is interesting.

I just mean there’s a big difference between hauling around a 20 lbs drone and the batteries that go with that than a 7 lbs drone. Each battery change on the M600 is almost 8 lbs alone.
Have you seen the carry box of the air peak? It's huge and in my opinion the difference in hauling is only the weight because the dimensions are making this box not much mobile like most heavy lifters which one can move around only in a big trunk. It's nothing like inspire to bring it up on a hiking :)

Have you seen the carry box of the air peak? It's huge and in my opinion the difference in hauling is only the weight because the dimensions are making this box not much mobile like most heavy lifters which one can move around only in a big trunk. It's nothing like inspire to bring it up on a hiking :)
No I haven’t do you have a link?

I do hear what you are saying and size but the weight is a really big factor. An I2 in a landing mode case with 5 sets of batteries is already a struggle to get in and out of my house and into my car by myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry