Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A good battery wont power up on Left side of Inspire 2

Reaction score
I plug in both batteries into the Inspire 2 Battery Compartment the battery on right side its registers ok in the app or any app and the battery on left side will not register or power up or register like its not there. I switch batteries from right to left and install no battery on right.... It wont do anything..... I try this with all my batteries on the left...... nothing? What could be the problem and has anyone seen this before? Could it be the battery compartment........ itself....?
They sell for about $149.......

A little help here would be appreciated....

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I plug in both batteries into the Inspire 2 Battery Compartment the battery on right side its registers ok in the app or any app and the battery on left side will not register or power up or register like its not there. I switch batteries from right to left and install no battery on right.... It wont do anything..... I try this with all my batteries on the left...... nothing? What could be the problem and has anyone seen this before? Could it be the battery compartment........ itself....?

Jeff
Jeff, Reach out to Michael @ Fl Drone Supply... he may have more on this too. I had my center battery wall fail on the ejection latch not being correct on left and later not reading battery on left. There may be an issue with the center battery section developing as a possible problem part. I replaced the center section and all has been normal since. If you replace, it is a rather complicated swap... let me know if any questions.

I had a similar problem. In my case I sent 4 good batteries to DJI along with my inspire 2 to have a flight controller board replaced.
While flying my first flight after it returned home from DJI, I got a battery error signal with orders to return home immediately. Further examination showed that all cells were healthy and full.
Over the next three or four days the same process repeated with the other three batteries.
DJI did not have an answer and could not replace them because they were nine months old [about 100 recharges]. They later sent one battery to me; with no explanation about what happened to cause the problem.
Thought it might be the inspire 2 battery cases. Obviously was not because with four new batteries the incident never returned.
I now have four inspire 2 batteries with good cells that I cannot use because the inspire 2 will not recognize them.[$$$]
If anyone knows a way to salvage these batteries with good cells but cannot be recognized by the inspire 2 I would sure like to know about it.

Jeff, Reach out to Michael @ Fl Drone Supply... he may have more on this too. I had my center battery wall fail on the ejection latch not being correct on left and later not reading battery on left. There may be an issue with the center battery section developing as a possible problem part. I replaced the center section and all has been normal since. If you replace, it is a rather complicated swap... let me know if any questions.

<EDIT: I replaced DJI Inspire 2 Part 17>

@dougcjohn this was an old post but out of the blue my Inspire 2 started having the problem where the left battery is not recognized. It was sporatic and now it is more often than not. Batteries are all good. Are you talking about the 4 connector post that the landing gear unit mounts up to? There are 4 posts there that the wires connect to. I fixed my Inspire 2 a while back because one of the battery locking mechanisms broke and I had to replace that the entire battery mount section. Been fine and then this problem just started a week or so ago :(

Thanks for any feedback.

Tim

Last edited:
<EDIT: I replaced DJI Inspire 2 Part 17>

@dougcjohn this was an old post but out of the blue my Inspire 2 started having the problem where the left battery is not recognized. It was sporatic and now it is more often than not. Batteries are all good. Are you talking about the 4 connector post that the landing gear unit mounts up to? There are 4 posts there that the wires connect to. I fixed my Inspire 2 a while back because one of the battery locking mechanisms broke and I had to replace that the entire battery mount section. Been fine and then this problem just started a week or so ago :(

Thanks for any feedback.

Tim
Tim, Correct... the large gauge wire 4-post block under the inner housing near the battery center wall section, or essentially any terminal connector associated to the larger battery cables up through the fuselage.

Since you've also replaced your center battery section, do you recall the wires on the floor of the fuselage that routed up to to front and the inner housing laid over... in the center of that section the wires were close to being pinched by the upper housing in some areas. That's anther "possible" I'd explore; Since you've indicated battery flow was good until recently... could indicate chafing or cut through via vibration.

Hate to say it, but the battery center section could also be bad "again"... I think that can be a problem part. It can fail both mechanically... the eject & retainer parts, and it can fail electrical circuit from battery contacts to terminal block.

I purchased a 2nd Inspire 2, with minimal use and it too has left battery retainer/eject bay feeling much weaker than the right side. Along with several other Owners indicating a battery center section, it may be a problematic component. My 1st Inspire 2 had the battery center section first fail mechanically then intermittently electronically... and finally full mechanical retainer failure. Installed a new center section and it's been doing great every since without any sign of wear.

I ordered a 2 extra Gimbal vibration mount plates (Part 23 - kit) for inventory, and recently ordered 1 spare battery center section too. The Gimbal mount plates I think are a weakness and I'm feeling the same on the battery center section.
Reasonable insurance on eBay @ $100, DJI Inspire 2 RC Camera Drone Spare Part 17 Battery Compartment -US Dealer 6958265143571 | eBay

Keep us informed what you conclude... helps us all as the Inspire 2 begins to show it's age.

Tim, Correct... the large gauge wire 4-post block under the inner housing near the battery center wall section, or essentially any terminal connector associated to the larger battery cables up through the fuselage.

Since you've also replaced your center battery section, do you recall the wires on the floor of the fuselage that routed up to to front and the inner housing laid over... in the center of that section the wires were close to being pinched by the upper housing in some areas. That's anther "possible" I'd explore; Since you've indicated battery flow was good until recently... could indicate chafing or cut through via vibration.

Hate to say it, but the battery center section could also be bad "again"... I think that can be a problem part. It can fail both mechanically... the eject & retainer parts, and it can fail electrical circuit from battery contacts to terminal block.

I purchased a 2nd Inspire 2, with minimal use and it too has left battery retainer/eject bay feeling much weaker than the right side. Along with several other Owners indicating a battery center section, it may be a problematic component. My 1st Inspire 2 had the battery center section first fail mechanically then intermittently electronically... and finally full mechanical retainer failure. Installed a new center section and it's been doing great every since without any sign of wear.

I ordered a 2 extra Gimbal vibration mount plates (Part 23 - kit) for inventory, and recently ordered 1 spare battery center section too. The Gimbal mount plates I think are a weakness and I'm feeling the same on the battery center section.
Reasonable insurance on eBay @ $100, DJI Inspire 2 RC Camera Drone Spare Part 17 Battery Compartment -US Dealer 6958265143571 | eBay

Keep us informed what you conclude... helps us all as the Inspire 2 begins to show it's age.

Do you have a part number for the center section? I have already ordered another Battery section from cloud city. Not sure on the part for the center post piece. It is a shame that these cost what they do and yet seem to have quite a few problems :( If a person can't fix it themselves, the cost of upkeep would be enormous. Thanks again for your insight!!

Last edited:
Do you have a part number for the center section? I have already ordered another Battery section from cloud city. Not sure on the part for the center post piece. It is a shame that these cost what they do and yet seem to have quite a few problems :( If a person can't fix it themselves, the cost of upkeep would be enormous. Thanks again for your insight!!
I may have confused the issue... the battery section and the center post is the synonymous to me. Which center section do you mean? Cable section from battery 4-post forward or what? I had a parts listing from DJI... I can try to look that back up, it listed all the parts.

You are correct, shop replacement of the battery center section I think is several hours. It's not a quick swap. I personally enjoy taking things apart and exploring the components. If I confused the question on the other part... I was indicating the gimbal camera mount base. It has 2 ribbon cables that pass up through nose. The ribbon & camera contacts in mount socket tend to wear over time. That is a Part 23... ranging from $80 to $100.... but be sure to get only DJI brand.
DJI Inspire 2 gimbal vibration absorbing board part 23 NEW - US Drone Parts | eBay

On the side subject... I recently purchased a DJI Charging station, modifed for TB55 & TB50. Charging up to 8 batteries in under than 90 minutes is Great! The other nice part, if you return home with charged paks, you can discharge up to 8 batteries down to 2 different Storage levels.
Aaron was great to work with, and quick.

Jeff
Hi, sorry to bring this up again after so many years. I've been tasked with helping out checking through our drone equipment ready for doing some surveying this month. The drone hasn't been flown since I've been at the company but apparently everything was working fine until the last flight, last August. We have charged up the batteries and powered on the drone today and we seem to be facing a similar problem to what you described. We have 6 batteries, and all work on one side of the drone, but none of them register on the other side of the drone. Did you ever figure out exactly what the issue was and were you manage to resolve it?

Could be the contact where the battery plugs in…or at the power control board. This would require some removal of many things. You definitely want to know what you are doing. If you do this find a video on a tear down. If it sat for a fair while this may be the issue. If the battery is really good…? Then it’d down to a connection issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk