Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A little confused

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,.. if there are any here. I have a question for you that are more versed on the Inspire 1 than I am, although I do have a basic understanding of the various versions. So here it is...

I am looking to buy an Inspire 1. Saw one at my LHS. Inspire 1 v2. Has newer motors, gimbal brace, props, and landing gear (wishbone) of Inspire 1 Rev D, but here is where is gets confusing,........

Despite being labeled Inspire 1 v2 and having all the upgrades through revision D and version 2 it has the old Inspire 1 rev A carbon arms,.. not the newer carbon arms (camo pattern) that were implemented in the Inspire 1 rev B.

That is what stood out at odd to me. I could use your insight on this to help me decide if I purchase this aircraft or not?

To me it looks as though this maybe an Inspire 1 rev A that was upgraded all the way thought the various versions,.. A, B, C, D and version 2, but they forgot to replace the carbon arms????

Thanks,

Rich

It may have been a promo model or early dealer one, initial promo v2 and Pro had the original model A carbon arms and it was assumed that they all would but DJI went back to the camo carbon when the public got theirs.

I would not worry as long as it says V2 on the sticker then your good.

Both are super strong and Iv never really bought the stronger argument of the newer camo Carbon over the traditional look.

Iv been using carbon products for years (see user name) and in this situation both types will be massively strong.

Just an opnion. I would think the CF no matter what pattern will be similar in strength. Will not fall apart while in flight. If you crash, I don't think the pattern will make a difference...:)

Yes maybe, but I saw this as an older version, I guess that is what my point was. But they obviously went to the other arms/carbon pattern (Camo) on the next revision for a reason?

Rich

It may have been a promo model or early dealer one, initial promo v2 and Pro had the original model A carbon arms and it was assumed that they all would but DJI went back to the camo carbon when the public got theirs.

I would not worry as long as it says V2 on the sticker then your good.

Both are super strong and Iv never really bought the stronger argument of the newer camo Carbon over the traditional look.

Iv been using carbon products for years (see user name) and in this situation both types will be massively strong.

Thank you. I assumed there was a benefit of the camo arms in the revision. But as I replied to the other gentleman, I viewed it as a bit odd that it had the older style pattern as I thought all new Inspires came with the Camo pattern arms.

Thanks again,

Rich

There has been a few posts on the I1 and its history of updates, changes, power, and so on. I am trying to read some and just keep saying to myself....."I bought the right one'....I bought the right one".....I bought the right one.........................:). I am sure you will be happy. Technology today is sometimes a PITA... Between the software that runs it...AND it running YOU...it can lead to controlling your opinion of the product in many directions. Try to stay in the middle, make the product work for you, and take a step back and away from it once in a while.. I have been there..

There has been a few posts on the I1 and its history of updates, changes, power, and so on. I am trying to read some and just keep saying to myself....."I bought the right one'....I bought the right one".....I bought the right one.........................:). I am sure you will be happy. Technology today is sometimes a PITA... Between the software that runs it...AND it running YOU...it can lead to controlling your opinion of the product in many directions. Try to stay in the middle, make the product work for you, and take a step back and away from it once in a while.. I have been there..

I agree.

Rich

Yes maybe, but I saw this as an older version, I guess that is what my point was. But they obviously went to the other arms/carbon pattern (Camo) on the next revision for a reason?

Rich

It's likely cost of production although it's been said the newer type is more expensive to produce.

It will be different suppliers and one out cuts the other I suspect.

Reactions: Blackdog
Blackdog that is a hell of a bird ya got there honestly. I would take that all day long and twice on Saturday. After speaking with three different suppliers of 20mm & 25mm Carbon fiber tube earlier this year I was told by all three that the properties of both have advantages and disadvantages however if you hit something hard enough to break one it would break the other. The weave by most tastes is nicer looking, slightly thicker due to the uniform process required to manufacture which involves layering, slightly stronger due to this but heavier, and finally as it contains more resin due to fiber layout and layers it's slightly more brittle. The camo style is less expensive to produce and manufactured in one step which produces the random pattern. Due to this in most cases it's slightly thinner and lighter but also will flex slightly more than the weave as it's not as brittle. The only issue with the camo I can really comment from experience and from seeing the same reported else ware is it seems some haven't received uniform amounts of resin during manufacturing as after a failure the inner portions of the tube had the fiber delaminating at the failure point indicating not enough resin saturation through the fiber. DJI is like most other manufacturers of anything these days as most of their product is assembled from components and raw materials they've specified to have certain qualities and then shopped for the best deal among vendors of that product. I'm certain that they change vendors quite often due to better pricing, quality, stock levels, and many other reasons during production. I can show you the main boards from three X3 cameras that you would think were for cameras from different manufacturers they were so different in design and production due to memory and components from different suppliers. So even if we saw pictures of three birds with camo tubes delaminating after failure it doesn't mean at all will necessarily have that issue. Only DJI would know where they obtained that particular run of carbon fiber tube by date of manufacture and serial number. Besides if you don't hit anything they won't have the opportunity to fail and you have the weave,which doesn't have delamination issues, and I'd love to have it on one of mine. I don't know where you are but if you're in the US I would be more concerned with the FCC ID numbers on the bird and the remote. That said though if it is a promo model it will absolutely have the best of everything in it so more than likely a nonissue. If your outside of the US the bird and remote are manufactured to have lower levels and also a nonissue.

Reactions: speckfisher
Hardware won't make a blind bit of difference in the long run.... now the software... that's something else, and that's the same no matter how thick yer tubes are.

Blackdog that is a hell of a bird ya got there honestly. I would take that all day long and twice on Saturday. After speaking with three different suppliers of 20mm & 25mm Carbon fiber tube earlier this year I was told by all three that the properties of both have advantages and disadvantages however if you hit something hard enough to break one it would break the other. The weave by most tastes is nicer looking, slightly thicker due to the uniform process required to manufacture which involves layering, slightly stronger due to this but heavier, and finally as it contains more resin due to fiber layout and layers it's slightly more brittle. The camo style is less expensive to produce and manufactured in one step which produces the random pattern. Due to this in most cases it's slightly thinner and lighter but also will flex slightly more than the weave as it's not as brittle. The only issue with the camo I can really comment from experience and from seeing the same reported else ware is it seems some haven't received uniform amounts of resin during manufacturing as after a failure the inner portions of the tube had the fiber delaminating at the failure point indicating not enough resin saturation through the fiber. DJI is like most other manufacturers of anything these days as most of their product is assembled from components and raw materials they've specified to have certain qualities and then shopped for the best deal among vendors of that product. I'm certain that they change vendors quite often due to better pricing, quality, stock levels, and many other reasons during production. I can show you the main boards from three X3 cameras that you would think were for cameras from different manufacturers they were so different in design and production due to memory and components from different suppliers. So even if we saw pictures of three birds with camo tubes delaminating after failure it doesn't mean at all will necessarily have that issue. Only DJI would know where they obtained that particular run of carbon fiber tube by date of manufacture and serial number. Besides if you don't hit anything they won't have the opportunity to fail and you have the weave,which doesn't have delamination issues, and I'd love to have it on one of mine. I don't know where you are but if you're in the US I would be more concerned with the FCC ID numbers on the bird and the remote. That said though if it is a promo model it will absolutely have the best of everything in it so more than likely a nonissue. If your outside of the US the bird and remote are manufactured to have lower levels and also a nonissue.

Ahh Thank you for your insight. I haven't committed to this particular aircraft, but I might. It's the last one my LHS has in stock but he is putting in another order soon. I'm on the East Coast of the US. I will pay attention to the FCC numbers on whatever one I get.

Thanks,

Rich

Ahh Thank you for your insight. I haven't committed to this particular aircraft, but I might. It's the last one my LHS has in stock but he is putting in another order soon. I'm on the East Coast of the US. I will pay attention to the FCC numbers on whatever one I get.

Thanks,

Rich
Your wanting to get a FCC ID ending 1510 on the bird and a remote with GL658C

Reactions: speckfisher
Hardware won't make a blind bit of difference in the long run.... now the software... that's something else, and that's the same no matter how thick yer tubes are.
Depends entirely what you speak of as I completely agree that with little control over what is being "updated" through DJI we are helpless however software can't cure a hardware deficiency no matter what. Otherwise we would all be using 15 year old lap tops and simply updating the software.

Depends entirely what you speak of as I completely agree that with little control over what is being "updated" through DJI we are helpless however software can't cure a hardware deficiency no matter what. Otherwise we would all be using 15 year old lap tops and simply updating the software.

Ok, I guess it should have read..

What version of Inspire 1 Hardware you buy into <now> (excluding the camera) won't make a blind bit of difference in the long run.... now the software... that's something else, and that's the same no matter how thick yer tubes are.

Ok, I guess it should have read..

What version of Inspire 1 Hardware you buy into <now> (excluding the camera) won't make a blind bit of difference in the long run.... now the software... that's something else, and that's the same no matter how thick yer tubes are.
very, very true

you has buyed a old Inspire 1 with refurbished parts of old Inspire 1 to convert in a Inspire 1 V2.0
A real Inspire 1 V2.0 is craft model T601 and new transmitter model GL658C and carbon fiber arms with camo pattern. If one of these three rules are broken not buy it. The real Inspire 1 V2.0 have a >5Km of transmision range (1watt), the old <2Km range (0,25 Watt) If you need repare/replace the arm by crash, etc.. DJI repair centers not have this arms for replace in old carbon fiber pattern. DJI is playing dirty with the customers.

Best regards

Last edited:
you has buyed a old Inspire 1 with refurbished parts of old Inspire 1 to convert in a Inspire 1 V2.0
A real Inspire 1 V2.0 is craft model T601 and new transmitter model GL658C and carbon fiber arms with camo pattern. If one of these three rules are broken not buy it. The real Inspire 1 V2.0 have a >5Km of transmision range (1watt), the old <2Km range (0,25 Watt) If you need repare/replace the arm by crash, etc.. DJI repair centers not have this arms for replace in old carbon fiber pattern. DJI is playing dirty with the customers.

Best regards

Sorry but Complete and utter tosh.

You folks make this up as you go along.

Sorry but Complete and utter tosh.

You folks make this up as you go along.
By Air Lines post:

OK I moved the post Mazz closed on the classifieds here. This will be my last post on the matter, only to help others that have received the I1v2 & I1Pro produced prior to Dec 3 2015 get what they paid for.

This started with posts by Chinjab on the matter of the spec sheets for the transmitters. I was first defending DJI as they told me what I thought was the truth. Now, after Chinjab e-mailed me the complete copies of all the spec sheets I have e-mailed them to China and California. I have spent hours investigating this. These DJI spec sheets do not lie. Chinjab was right on target with this issue.

As of doing this the issue is exposed as public record and others need to get involved to get their I1v2/Pro exchanged or upgraded by DJI.

B&H Photo is exchanging Chinjab's bird and mine is to be upgraded by DJI since I have had mine since
Dec. 7th and has several hours of flight time on it.

If you have an I1v2/I1pro and on the battery tray the label reads:T600, FCC####1410, you have a T600-D that transmits 24dBm/approx. 255mw. This is a T600-D that was modified by adding the motor upgrade and new gimble plate. Transmitter was not upgraded! Range is 2KM!

I1v2's/Pro produced after Dec 3 2015 is the complete I1v2/Pro, T601 FCC#####1510 that transmits
29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. A big difference in power. Range is 5KM as stated on the DJI website.

As for the remote control. If you have a remote labeled #GL658B it is the older version that produces 24dBm/approx. 255mw.

The remote control labeled #GL658C is the new remote control that matches the complete I1v2/Pro version and transmits 29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. Both the remote transmitter and I1v2/Pro transmitter need the same transmission power or you will have limited transmission range either to the I1v2/pro or from the I1v2/Pro.

I have great respect for ones controlling the forum, they do a great job. So, let's get the truth out to unsuspecting DJI customers that received the incomplete I1v2/pro in November and December 2015.

If you paid $3100 in December like I did and have a T600 and someone in January paid $3100 and received the T601, both labeled the "I1v2/pro", you have been dealt unfairly and need to be compensated by DJI.

I could care less about flying out beyond a mile but strong signal strength for penetration overcoming interference is imperative. Why do you think DJI asked for this increase?

This is a matter of getting what you paid for. Remember DJI labeled both with I1v2/Pro.

I have achieved what I wanted to get my bird upgraded and I hope this helps you do the same.

Good Luck, Fly Safe

No one is question it's got more more power but

1: please explain the P3 increase in range spec aligned with the inspire as well however with a reduced power output over the passed year.

2: Also please provide the proof DJI took completed units of v1 spec and modified them models to V2 spec as is being stated

3: please explain why UK and Eu customers continue to receive Inspire 1 V2 and Pro models even from DJI with the FCC 1410.

This is a change in production for certain areas, it's not a conspiracy to defraud or do people out of something, changes in production happen all the time.

All this talk of genuine V2 or modified is crazy, if it says V2 then it's a V2 end off, the radio is just different based on production and market territory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth