Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

About to drop the cash on...

Reaction score
Next week I'm buying the Inspire 1, 3 regular batteries, 3 extended life batteries and 2 extra chargers.

This leaves me with having to buy the tablet. I've read until my eyes were bleeding and still can't determine which to go with. I know Apple products aren't being supported so that leaves android (which I prefer anyway). I've read good and bad about the Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, and Nvidia Shield. I've read that it won't hold the Tab 10.5..... This is by far the most frustrating purchase.

Is there any chance for someone to post a poll so that others can see what is being used the most and least... and equally importantly why? That would be a great help since this is the last item I'm stuck on. I will probably get the Tab S 8.4 for my own use because it seems like it would be great for daily stuff, but I've read it's horrible as an FPV monitor. Ugh!

Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying both capacity size batteries is for when I travel by plane with the inspire since I've also read the high cap batteries aren't allowed to fly with me.

Next week I'm buying the Inspire 1, 3 regular batteries, 3 extended life batteries and 2 extra chargers.

This leaves me with having to buy the tablet. I've read until my eyes were bleeding and still can't determine which to go with. I know Apple products aren't being supported so that leaves android (which I prefer anyway). I've read good and bad about the Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, and Nvidia Shield. I've read that it won't hold the Tab 10.5..... This is by far the most frustrating purchase.

Is there any chance for someone to post a poll so that others can see what is being used the most and least... and equally importantly why? That would be a great help since this is the last item I'm stuck on. I will probably get the Tab S 8.4 for my own use because it seems like it would be great for daily stuff, but I've read it's horrible as an FPV monitor. Ugh!

Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying both capacity size batteries is for when I travel by plane with the inspire since I've also read the high cap batteries aren't allowed to fly with me.

Maybe someone can confirm, but I believe in the US you will be able to bring two of the 5700 mah batteries on-board as carry on.

Hey pokercop..there's an easy mod for the tablet holder. .it's been posted on here already. .basically you cut the upper part of the mount into two pieces the put in a spacer and rivet or bolt it together. .wa la..oh and if you're using a defender case or similar shockwell from rc groups.com has some adapters. .so a mod and some adapters and you're good to go..

Last edited:
i have both air2 and android samsung tabs. i would still recommend the ipad since there are not choppy video and the sync of flight data is all perfect. the data on the androids are still not working 100%. i have seen recent update of software improving it from no sync to some data sync but i think even tho ios is no longer supported, the app is still more superior and video smooth, plus ios has the flight sim that androids dont.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I have the iPad air 2 and a nvidia shield.
Runs fine on the shield but it runs and looks even better on the iPad (it also has a few more features). I hope they get approval for the app but I think it's highly unlikely anytime soon. I will probably end up using the shield if they keep updating the Android app and we don't see any iOS updates.

Thanks for the tips! At this point I'm thinking I will have to keep it grounded for a few weeks until we know something more about the IOS future. Obviously I want the best experience but don't want to use something that's not supported.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I have the iPad air 2 and a nvidia shield.
Runs fine on the shield but it runs and looks even better on the iPad (it also has a few more features). I hope they get approval for the app but I think it's highly unlikely anytime soon. I will probably end up using the shield if they keep updating the Android app and we don't see any iOS updates.

Hey Matt. .does the shield have a sim card and if so what size is it and
how about the I pad ??

Only from unofficial places. There are some links on this forum somewhere. On a phone so can't find them at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207