Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Accurate drone height

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have insights that could help me with a job I am working on.
I have been asked by a construction company to take some shots at specified floor levels (heights) and the penthouse level of their new building for promotional purposes.
The building is not built yet so to obtain the specified heights I will only be relying on the altitude reading based on the take off height being 0m.
Does anyone one know how accurate the altitude readings are on the inspire? Or do you know of another way to fly at fixed altitudes with a low tolerance/variance?
I’ve not encountered having fly at specific heights before and was hoping someone might have some experience they could share.

Thanks!

Fly slowly so that GPS has enough time to calculate,but you don;t get 100 %.I work with GPS equipment wich cost way over 20.000 Euro's and that is very accurate,so I don't think your Inspire is that accurate.
But as I say fly slowly,and do a test before with altitudes you now(house,measurement tape)
Good luck

Inspire GPS does not include altitude (only x, y coordinates). It uses a barometer for altitude which is pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Inspire GPS does not include altitude (only x, y coordinates). It uses a barometer for altitude which is pretty accurate.
I agree. It’s accurate but if winds are gusty the altimeter varies significantly. I live in an area with a lot of wind. This is very noticeable below 50 feet where the altitude can move up and down 10 feet or more when hovering during gusty conditions.

Height indicated in the app is not precise due to barometric measuring which results in up to 10% error at low altitude (25-45m) when flying in gusty wind.
i use a Airobot system on my M 210 to measure H. with laser, as my client requests cm precision ( in reality it's dec. precision)
So i can precisely measure under the uav where it's hanging on that n moment ; and that's often not the reference Height point...on the plans.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 22.29.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 22.29.02.png
    673.9 KB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers