Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aerial Timelaps

Reaction score
Hey there, I've been working on developing my workflow for composing aerial timelapse's and soon hyperlapse's. I wanted to share what I was able to complete this afternoon.

What do you guys think? Have any tips for better stabilization when using Warp Stabilizer?

Reactions: slim.slamma
I've just bought my Inspire 1 Pro, your timelapse looks good [emoji1417] definitely a project for the future, sorry i can't offer any tips or advice but thanks for the inspiration (no pun intended)

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

No worries! I hope to see what you do with your new bird! Is this your first Inspire?
Yes it's my first Inspire, had the Phantom 2 for a couple of years and self taught photography over 4yrs, done a few time lapse and long exposure stuff, putting that experience into practice in the air is an exciting prospect

Yeah, I'm learning how to set my photo settings as fast as I can, so I can get the AC in the air, and filming. I'm still only playing with the X3, but we rent an X5 when we have gigs.

Hey there, I've been working on developing my workflow for composing aerial timelapse's and soon hyperlapse's. I wanted to share what I was able to complete this afternoon.

What do you guys think? Have any tips for better stabilization when using Warp Stabilizer?

Man I think it looks great!!! Do you mind sharing how you got it done?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Man I think it looks great!!! Do you mind sharing how you got it done?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Sure!! I start by shooting the media with fixed settings. My X3 can only do 2sec intervals in jpeg format, so I have to convert them to DNG's in Lightroom. Then we head in to LRTimelaps. Set keyframes, save that meta data, load all of that in to Lightroom, locate the keyframe'ed images, color them crop them, do what ever is needed. Save all of that meta back to the DNG's, reload all of that new data in to LRTimelaps, then have that application figure out all of the transitions between your keyframes, save all that meta, check out the visual preview, "deflicker" if needed. Save that meta. Open After Effects, load the DNG files as a "RAW Image Sequence". Create a new composition with the image sequence, and apply Warp Stabilizer. Then the computer REALLY starts working. Here you have to work with the settings, and get the stabilization setup just the way you want it. I'm still working on understanding how it all works my self. I have a MacBook Pro with some decent specs, but I have a PC with 2 quad-core i7's that I am going to try my After Effects workflow in. Just to see if it helps process faster. Right now most of my time is in After Effects, waiting for the system to render the changes I am making with in the settings of the Warp Stabilizer function.

Phew, that was a lot of info. Were you able to follow that? It's a lot of back and forth between 2 programs, and finishing in a 3rd (or 4th if you use Media Encoder to render out your final products. I do this most of the time. Only because I often have 3-4 versions of files that need to be rendered. I can set all of them to render at night when I am not using the computer to do other projects.)

Nope, this was taken with an i1 v1 and the x3 camera. I'm only able to get these battery times because I fly the AC literally just after the battery reaches 100%, and I also take off 60 feet from my front door, and then just go directly up to the altitude that I want to shoot at. I'll use a different battery before hand to set my photo settings, then pop in the fresh pack and up we go. I also only need about 30 seconds to bring it back down from where it's at, so I can get nice and low with the battery level. I'll really only do this if there isn't much wind, the more wind, as you know, the faster the battery depletes.

Nope, this was taken with an i1 v1 and the x3 camera. I'm only able to get these battery times because I fly the AC literally just after the battery reaches 100%, and I also take off 60 feet from my front door, and then just go directly up to the altitude that I want to shoot at. I'll use a different battery before hand to set my photo settings, then pop in the fresh pack and up we go. I also only need about 30 seconds to bring it back down from where it's at, so I can get nice and low with the battery level. I'll really only do this if there isn't much wind, the more wind, as you know, the faster the battery depletes.
O nice! So when you say you use one battery to set can be a settings then you swap it out and fly, how are you retaining the camera settings during the battery swap? When I turn my battery off and change it my camera settings set to default

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

O nice! So when you say you use one battery to set can be a settings then you swap it out and fly, how are you retaining the camera settings during the battery swap? When I turn my battery off and change it my camera settings set to default

Using Lichi.

This doesn't sound right. My settings remain the same with the dji go app when I swap batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine don't, when I change batteries and keep the DJI Go app running, I have to reset my iso, arpeture, shutter :(

Brad, I use the Litchi app for my photos, but I am able to use the DJI GO app to do timelapses, just doesn't work well for hyperlapses. I need the AC to stop and take a photo vs still moving when the shutter snaps. Especially with a long shutter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido