Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Air Soft firing Drone[emoji15]

Reaction score
http://hw-mobile.worldstarhiphop.com/u/vid/2016/02/317xZTN8GbdC_mobile.mp4?ri=512000&rs=850

Very creative for inspiring minds, but like anything it gives the wrong idea and picture for drone haters obviously.. Remember the school kid with his (Live Firearm) project[emoji15].. For whatever the reason for sharing this publicly is beyond me, but notice towards the end of the video, an incoming vehicle is in the "line of fire"..Certain people shouldn't even own a slingshot, but they do.. Oh well, just a rant of creativity and stupidity at the same time.. Harmless, we shall see[emoji15]

Breaks several rules for UAV pilots and most rules for shooting guns. This guy is why people aren't supposed to do this stuff. These tests could have been done somewhere safe.

Reactions: PB30X
Very creative for inspiring minds, but like anything it gives the wrong idea and picture for drone haters obviously.. Remember the school kid with his (Live Firearm) project
emoji15.png
.. For whatever the reason for sharing this publicly is beyond me, but notice towards the end of the video, an incoming vehicle is in the "line of fire"..Certain people shouldn't even own a slingshot, but they do.. Oh well, just a rant of creativity and stupidity at the same time.. Harmless, we shall see
emoji15.png

but you are helping him by share it publicly????

Reactions: PB30X
but you are helping him by share it publicly????
Did you know people are doing this? Do you feel safe and appropriately advised such projects are taking place?? If that was my neighbor, he would be reported, end of story! Any type firearm is a danger to public when automated in any way shape or form.. We have people that are dangerously handling weapons, and now we want to play with electronics and make it air worthy???? The military doesn't even have it mastered and to think some Joe off the street with a degree/no degree can just fiddle in a live neighborhood is advisable, THINK AGAIN!! Post this everywhere and get him his National Attention (Opinions and Media Matters, RIGHT?), it's this kind of stuff YOU DONT IGNORE! You have a problem with the way I come off, please contact your local Law enforcement office/FBI office and tell them I sent ya[emoji6]

Breaks several rules for UAV pilots and most rules for shooting guns. This guy is why people aren't supposed to do this stuff. These tests could have been done somewhere safe.

Like what rules? Drone was kept in LOS and under altitude limits, and the laws regarding airsoft guns are not the same as real ones. I agree that this was a bit ridiculous, but it is a clever application of technology.

Did you know people are doing this? Do you feel safe and appropriately advised such projects are taking place?? If that was my neighbor, he would be reported, end of story! Any type firearm is a danger to public when automated in any way shape or form.. We have people that are dangerously handling weapons, and now we want to play with electronics and make it air worthy???? The military doesn't even have it mastered and to think some Joe off the street with a degree/no degree can just fiddle in a live neighborhood is advisable, THINK AGAIN!! Post this everywhere and get him his National Attention (Opinions and Media Matters, RIGHT?), it's this kind of stuff YOU DONT IGNORE! You have a problem with the way I come off, please contact your local Law enforcement office/FBI office and tell them I sent ya[emoji6]
Except you know, it isn't a firearm.

Like what rules? Drone was kept in LOS and under altitude limits, and the laws regarding airsoft guns are not the same as real ones. I agree that this was a bit ridiculous, but it is a clever application of technology.
It is against the law to shoot projectiles from a UAV. That's number one. Number two, airsoft, paintball, bbs, or real bullets, you do not fire without a clearly safe area behind the target. As I said before, this could have all been done safely. Instead it was done in one of the worst places possible. I am quite surprised you even have to ask this question.

Did you know people are doing this? Do you feel safe and appropriately advised such projects are taking place?? If that was my neighbor, he would be reported, end of story! Any type firearm is a danger to public when automated in any way shape or form.. We have people that are dangerously handling weapons, and now we want to play with electronics and make it air worthy???? The military doesn't even have it mastered and to think some Joe off the street with a degree/no degree can just fiddle in a live neighborhood is advisable, THINK AGAIN!! Post this everywhere and get him his National Attention (Opinions and Media Matters, RIGHT?), it's this kind of stuff YOU DONT IGNORE! You have a problem with the way I come off, please contact your local Law enforcement office/FBI office and tell them I sent ya
emoji6.png
wow, i kinda have a problem with the way you are coming off now.
If you feel so strong then you should perhaps report it to appropriate authorities and chase it up to ensure they act.
my feelings on the matter? world is full of idiots and social media just encourages them. I say ignore the fools and to not help promote their crap, which is of course, why they post these things.
And im sure people are doing WAY more dangerous stuff that should concern us, but they arent stupid enough to tell the world

It is against the law to shoot projectiles from a UAV. That's number one. Number two, airsoft, paintball, bbs, or real bullets, you do not fire without a clearly safe area behind the target. As I said before, this could have all been done safely. Instead it was done in one of the worst places possible. I am quite surprised you even have to ask this question.

Can you point me to an actual law that states that you cannot shoot projectiles from a UAV? Second part is kind of a common-sense thing, but again, not unlawful.

I already said this wasn't the most brilliant idea, but illegal? No.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44