Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft Flight Hours?

Reaction score
Website
www.kvphoto.com
I notice here, eBay, and many other places that sell used equipment saying things like: “...only 2 hours of flight time!” Etc.

Is this just an “Estimate”? Or is there some place on the Inspire 2 that is literally tracking the time it has been used?

I have a used Inspire 2 that I purchased mostly as as a backup for if my main one goes down for some reason. Can I plug in or check some kind of way it’s actual air time?

Just wondering??

Kirk

I notice here, eBay, and many other places that sell used equipment saying things like: “...only 2 hours of flight time!” Etc.

Is this just an “Estimate”? Or is there some place on the Inspire 2 that is literally tracking the time it has been used?

I have a used Inspire 2 that I purchased mostly as as a backup for if my main one goes down for some reason. Can I plug in or check some kind of way it’s actual air time?

Just wondering??

Kirk
Any professional user (and good hobbyist) should be logging cumulative hours on the airframe. It is a legal requirement in many countries and flight logs can be audited at any time by the relative aviation authority.
Additionally, certain authorities stipulate a minimum number of flight hours are logged within the preceding 2 months of renewal in order to maintain your qualification.
I also keep battery logs although not a legal requirement.

I still prefer manual logs since the electronic records are inaccurate.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Any professional user (and good hobbyist) should be logging cumulative hours on the airframe. It is a legal requirement in many countries and flight logs can be audited at any time by the relative aviation authority.
Additionally, certain authorities stipulate a minimum number of flight hours are logged within the preceding 2 months of renewal in order to maintain your qualification.
I also keep battery logs although not a legal requirement.

I still prefer manual logs since the electronic records are inaccurate.

YES.....I totally understand that......and all the "Legal requirements"....but ultimately, when someone says, "....this aircraft only has 2 hours of flight time on it!", you are taking their word for it! The physical ship does not have some "odometer" of some kind on it that a buyer can check and confirm how many hours it has actually flown?

While I realize it's not legal to altar a log book...and while I realize that many would never do that.....I do also live in the real world where people are always looking for ways to screw you!

That is why I asked the question....and based upon your answer, I'm assuming it means if someone says 2 hours you are just taking their word!?!?

Kirk

Reactions: Phil DeVore
What about AirData or other 3rd party apps. I am looking to sign up for one of these services soon
That’s exactly what I use to keep track of my flight records and so far I am very happy with it. AirData also provides many more details about each of my flights that I couldn’t do otherwise.

I may be missing something but I use the DJI GO 4 app.Once you click on the app press the top right corner with the 3 lines and select Flight Records. All 3 of my DJI drones are showing with the hours, how many flights and total distance. In your situation I would ask for a screen shot to show the hours they specify.

I may be missing something but I use the DJI GO 4 app.Once you click on the app press the top right corner with the 3 lines and select Flight Records. All 3 of my DJI drones are showing with the hours, how many flights and total distance. In your situation I would ask for a screen shot to show the hours they specify.
You’re absolutely right about retrieving your flight records that way but with AirData they are in much more detail. Check out the free version and you’ll see what I mean.

It's not accurate.

This is so easy to fake in Photoshop!!! This is why I was wondering about something on-board the aircraft. People just lie.

How much not accurate? Significantly or negligibly?
Depends on how many 'hiccups' there have been with DJI cloud syncing (there been more than you would imagine).
How many times the aircraft has been powered up (motors on) and not flown which will show as 'flights'.
And most importantly, whether the user has cleared/deleted flight records. They simply need to swipe the records to the left and press delete and they disappear.
Swathes of flights can be erased in this way.

Depends on how many 'hiccups' there have been with DJI cloud syncing (there been more than you would imagine).
How many times the aircraft has been powered up (motors on) and not flown which will show as 'flights'.
And most importantly, whether the user has cleared/deleted flight records. They simply need to swipe to the records to the left and press delete and they disappear.
Swathes of flights can be erased in this way.
This is important info, so let me ask more questions. If I errase all flight records from my GO4 and then sync them again and select All, are you saying that every time I do this I arrive to a different number of hours? Also are you saying that the logs are somehow misinterpreted, fooled? BTW, the fact that the spooling up of motors is counted as flight is fine by me, as those spool ups also count towards wear and tear of motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters