Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Airport markings

They didn't when I took my initial exam about half a year ago. Don't know if it means it's gone completely or if I just didn't get one on my exam.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Definitely one of the obvious cases of 2 FAA guys sitting in a bar at the start of 107 era saying: ‘So, what questions should we put on this 107 test’? Guy 2: dunno, let‘s start by copying and pasting questions from the SEL test....’

Which is understandable, but not so much after this many years. :D

I also love the pointlessness of the METAR questions. Do any full scale pilots use those anymore? I haven’t in 15 years.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Definitely one of the obvious cases of 2 FAA guys sitting in a bar at the start of 107 era saying: ‘So, what questions should we put on this 107 test’? Guy 2: dunno, let‘s start by copying and pasting questions from the SEL test....’

Which is understandable, but not so much after this many years. :D

I also love the pointlessness of the METAR questions. Do any full scale pilots use those anymore? I haven’t in 15 years.
My theory on 107:

An FAA manager wondered out into cubicle farm on a Friday afternoon in 2016, looking for a poor sob who failed to leave early.

"Ah there you are, Bob! I need a favor." "Now what , uttered a clearly disgusted Bob." "Well the Puzzle Palace has decreed we must create an FAA exam for, get this...drone pilots! "

WTF!! uttered BOB.

"BTW I need a first draft Monday morning." Bob, being a typical federal government employee, didn't believe in working too hard. So he grabbed a copy of the Private Pilot written exam and said to himself, Let's edit! Dinner was waiting at home so he stop editing before he got to weather, airport markings, and other stupid stuff. Come Monday morning voila! The manager found a brand new FAA Remote Pilot Exam in his in-box. The rest, as they say is history.

I don't know if any of this actually happened, but I like to think so...

I teach 107 to public safety folks; all young kids. you should watch my face when they ask WTF is an aerodrome????

I think the point of it is the same as having to learn Morse code in order to get a ham radio license. It is to filter out some of the operators that may not take flight in controlled airspace seriously enough to have a license. But yes I was amused by the runway markers section when I was skimming the information on certification.

Just be sure to enter the landing pattern at a 45-degree angle on the downwind leg or you'll be in big trouble!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry