Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

America may ban foreign made drones for government jobs...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CB0wAA&usg=AFQjCNEazxrGdWPlcyR2PmTWm_oR2XQUIQ

Moving forward, critical infrastructure inspections will only be permitted by approved airframes, C2 links and GCS.

So, put another way, a foreign drone ban.

This will, I am certain, garner many #FakeNews cries, but only time will tell.

The taxpayers will be forced to bear the brunt of this legislation. All it means to me is that I will buy another drone at taxpayer expense and upgrade my fleet a whole lot sooner than I anticipated. Track the supporters of this nonsense and vote them out of office.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Yeah, I've heard concerns from government clients and used the Alta when necessary. Too bad there's no Inspire-like all-in-one pro bird that's American made. Think a custom-built Gryphon Dynamics frame with a DJI A3 and LB2 that's assembled in the USA counts?

Reactions: RMartin
Our transport Canada mentioned that they wanted to move towards all commercial operators being "compliant operators" which means using compliant drones and do dji or freefly are in their list. Just stuff like microdrones and the falcon x8 and sky ranger

Are you adhering to your clients Data Security and privacy requirements, as well as your own?

So it’s a story that’s been bubbling away for a while now and it’s finally out.

It wasn’t long ago the US Banned Chinese CCTV Cameras on critical infrastructure with UK raising concerns also.

So lets back track a bit to the good old days…

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sg=AFQjCNEJiDe2UmIIpPEdvExXqmImrsc7Vw&ampcf=1

I read about this news yesterday, and I must say that it is quite concerning. I was seriously considering the purchase of the Matrice 200 for a business start up to do inspections and commercial work in the real estate industry. In light of this new information I am left to wonder how this will affect my abilities to secure work contracts. Will this cause me to lose my copyrights on data/photo and video? Can Dji use or sell my data as they see fit?

and before most of these, there was concern about Chinese microchips in routers, about Chinese Huawei routers etc in telecoms infrastructure systems etc etc. I'm not saying we should trust the Chinese companies or government implicitly, but there's a lot of FUD in this sort of thing.

If you're concerned about security, there are ways to deal with the data logging etc. It's a no-brainer/easy to air gap the tablets and dji go so that data is never fed back to DJI's servers.

Reactions: freedom55

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars