Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android 6.0 + Shield K1 + and DJI Go working?

Reaction score
BACKSTORY: So I recently updated my phone (LG G4 with AT&T(I know, but it's free)) to Android 6.0, and now whenever I try to launch DJI Go, I get a UI crash on my phone. I've tested other USB cables with the same result. I tried a buddy's iPad and DJI GO worked just fine, so I'm feeling pretty convinced that it was the upgrade to 6.0 that broke the system.

For the record, the LG G4 worked great when it was on Androird 5.1.

I have a nVidia Shield K1 Tablet (currently on Android 5.1) that is prompting me for an update to Android 6.0, but given my experience with my phone, I'm not to motivated to upgrade just yet. Is there anyone who has a Shield K1 that's running Android 6.0 that can confirm that the DJI GO app is working for them? Thanks!

That's the reason I have a dedicated tablet for my Inspire and this one is not connected to the web from the first installation.So Im running all on old versions of the app.No problems whatsoever.
But it seems you have to go down to version 5.1

So, I am about to buy a tablet to use with a new Inspire (my first) and was about to purchase the Shield. Should I, or no? Also, has anyone used an Amazon Kindle Fire (HDX 8.9) to use the Pilot App? It's not in the Amazon App Store, but it could be side loaded. Just wondering if anyone has use a Kindle Fire or not.

@huppe Thanks.

@NJAdam the shield K1 works great with DJI GO on Android 5.1.

Does anyone out there have a Shield K1 running Android 6.0 that can confirm DJI GO is working?

I have a brand new k1 in the mail right now. I believe they ship with android 6 now. It should be here Thursday, I will keep you posted.

I have Nvidia Shield K1 working with android 6.0 and all the most up to date firmware as of yesterday. Only bummer is Nvidia Shield is too fat for the RC mount and falls out even when snugged down tight. Surprised noone mentioned this anywhere on this board before I bought it. I am looking for an adapter now....

BACKSTORY: So I recently updated my phone (LG G4 with AT&T(I know, but it's free)) to Android 6.0, and now whenever I try to launch DJI Go, I get a UI crash on my phone. I've tested other USB cables with the same result. I tried a buddy's iPad and DJI GO worked just fine, so I'm feeling pretty convinced that it was the upgrade to 6.0 that broke the system.

For the record, the LG G4 worked great when it was on Androird 5.1.

I have a nVidia Shield K1 Tablet (currently on Android 5.1) that is prompting me for an update to Android 6.0, but given my experience with my phone, I'm not to motivated to upgrade just yet. Is there anyone who has a Shield K1 that's running Android 6.0 that can confirm that the DJI GO app is working for them? Thanks!
how are you securing the Shield in the RC tablet mount? It's a bit too fat, and for me fall out no matter how sinched down.

I have the Shield with 6.0.1 and the latest Go app and also UF and have no problems. Also have no problems with the RC holding the unit. I did have to tighten the nut where the holder mounts to the RC. Oh wait! My bad... I had to do that when I mounted my Galaxy pro 12.2 on it. Now there is a handful! Anyway just tighten that screw and it should then hold. It hold that galaxy monster with no problem!

I was actually talking about the spring loaded clamp that squeezes the tablet - that does not hold the Nvidia Shield with much confidence. Even with the thinnest sunvisor there's too much bulk to the Shield that the clamp barely grips the edges of the Shield and it can easily pop out. No matter for me though. The Shield is terrible compared to the iPad or iPhone. The brightness is so bad that its really barely usable, plus it lags a lot more than any Mac device. I'll be sending my Shield back to Amazon.

From what I've discovered it should be ok so long as you are only using DJI Go and it's set as the default to open when connected. I had a big issue with my Samsung S6 Edge as I have DJI Go, 3D FPV and Drone VR installed and no default open on connection. Marshmallow wasn't allowing the usb connection to be anything other than charging.

I simply rolled back to 5.1.1 and everything works fine again.

i have a shield and upgraded to 6 and mine works fine used it yesterday for first time . no problems at all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan