Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another Battery Thread...

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's necessary to fully charge a battery before doing the discharge to zero for FW 1.3

I discharged mine to zero and fully recharged, but discharged from 50% 'storage'.

Don't really want to go through the whole process again (8 batteries) if I don't have to.

Does anyone know if it's necessary to fully charge a battery before doing the discharge to zero for FW 1.3

I discharged mine to zero and fully recharged, but discharged from 50% 'storage'.

Don't really want to go through the whole process again (8 batteries) if I don't have to.
The calibration has to be done from a fully charged battery (100%) to a depleted battery (5% or less) in one go.
You are 'teaching' the firmware what is full and what is empty.

The calibration has to be done from a fully charged battery (100%) to a depleted battery (5% or less) in one go.
You are 'teaching' the firmware what is full and what is empty.

Thanks. I'll redo the whole process, but it makes little sense to me.

I thought the calibration took place from an empty battery to a full battery, I didn't realise the calibration was from fully charged to empty as you indicate.

My take was that the condition of the battery before discharge would be utterly irrelevant. I would have thought that the depth of discharge and the fully charged state afterwards would be relevant factors.
Additionally, what was 'full' on the previous discharge may not be the same as 'full' after conditioning and the new firmware kicking in.

.. I just really don't want to do the whole lot again (;>)

Thanks. I'll redo the whole process, but it makes little sense to me.

I thought the calibration took place from an empty battery to a full battery, I didn't realise the calibration was from fully charged to empty as you indicate.

My take was that the condition of the battery before discharge would be utterly irrelevant. I would have thought that the depth of discharge and the fully charged state afterwards would be relevant factors.
Additionally, what was 'full' on the previous discharge may not be the same as 'full' after conditioning and the new firmware kicking in.

.. I just really don't want to do the whole lot again (;>)

Please check the release notes - It clearly states:

Quote:
Notice
1. The battery must be fully charged and then discharged to below 5% power to complete the calibration.

Yes its a pain but that's the way a calibration is executed so as to teach the firmware 'fuel gauge' the differing capacity of each pack given age and increase in internal resistance.

Reactions: eldorado
Please check the release notes - It clearly states:

Quote:
Notice
1. The battery must be fully charged and then discharged to below 5% power to complete the calibration.

Yes its a pain but that's the way a calibration is executed so as to teach the firmware 'fuel gauge' the differing capacity of each pack given age and increase in internal resistance.

Yup. (& ****) (;>). At least I only have to charge them up to 50% afterwards.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido