Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

another go app update fault march16

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My galaxy tab A did a DJI go app update to v2.6.1, just did first flight after update and experiencing massive range loss and very poor video within 60 meters, tried changing from channels 30 to many other still very poor , also ended up with the disconnected grey box.
unplugged usb and replugged and got vision back but no fix. tried restarting app and still crap.
ended up hitting the home button and landed way off the launch point.

anyone else having issues ?
why are DJI so fkn useless with updates ?

just downloading dji go version 2.6.0 again

Last edited:
Unlikely the Go app is at fault and more likely there was an issue with interference where you were at that time. I've had comm problems within a couple hundred feet and have had great signal at 1.7 miles with the same kit at the same firmware and Go app versions.

Brian

Unlikely the Go app is at fault and more likely there was an issue with interference where you were at that time. I've had comm problems within a couple hundred feet and have had great signal at 1.7 miles with the same kit at the same firmware and Go app versions.

Brian
this would make sense if i was in a new area , but i am flying at home which i have obviously done hundreds of times , and the only variable is the app update

Hi guys,
My galaxy tab A did a DJI go app update to v2.6.1, just did first flight after update and experiencing massive range loss and very poor video within 60 meters, tried changing from channels 30 to many other still very poor , also ended up with the disconnected grey box.
unplugged usb and replugged and got vision back but no fix. tried restarting app and still crap.
ended up hitting the home button and landed way off the launch point.

anyone else having issues ?
why are DJI so fkn useless with updates ?

just downloading dji go version 2.6.0 again
Moved thread to correct section.

No issues here with v2.6.1.
Additionally, I wasn't aware the the Tab A had been added to the Approved list of supported Android devices.

thanks for the move , it has the correct android 4.1.2 . i will uninstall and reinstall and try

With the DjiGoV2.7.1 on iPadmin2 i have problems with the touchscreen.
moving the map to a location (1finger) allmost never works
Zoomout works more or less Zoomin allmost never...
i also need to calibrate my iPad (with the red dot) each time i open DjiGo
Allready did : iPad shutdown,double click start button & delete all , deleted& reinstall DjiGo app (and lost all flight logs).
Same on my slave Ipadair2
All other map apps work!:(

Dxtrty, I have exactly the same problems as you on an iPad Air. Very annoying but hoping for a patch from DJI soon...How about it DJI?

Join the club, down under!-), i mailed Dji support ...maybe the iOS 9.3 will help in the future...
But meanwhile i get around it by ' pinching' on the edges of the screen, for zoom-in/out
Good thing about that, it keeps the centre of the screen cleaner.
To move the map around i use 2 fingers.
Diy is faster than Dji support
;-D

Reactions: tassieflyer
Join the club, down under!-), i mailed Dji support ...maybe the iOS 9.3 will help in the future...
But meanwhile i get around it by ' pinching' on the edges of the screen, for zoom-in/out
Good thing about that, it keeps the centre of the screen cleaner.
To move the map around i use 2 fingers.
Diy is faster than Dji support
;-D
Good tip Dxtrty. The 2 thumbs pinching at the edges works 80% of the time. The dragging is very slow and seems the software needs a lot of time to buffer.

FYI,
i got an answer from Dji Germany, but don't understand [calibration map coordinates function] :
Hello Sir,

Please, reinstall the application and reassure you have the latest version of the firmware. Please, see also if you have enabled the calibration map coordinates function in the general settings.

Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH

With the DjiGoV2.7.1 on iPadmin2 i have problems with the touchscreen.
moving the map to a location (1finger) allmost never works
Zoomout works more or less Zoomin allmost never...
i also need to calibrate my iPad (with the red dot) each time i open DjiGo
Allready did : iPad shutdown,double click start button & delete all , deleted& reinstall DjiGo app (and lost all flight logs).
Same on my slave Ipadair2
All other map apps work!:(

Had the same issue, figured out that touch (zoom in/out + moving) is working if you just use the 1/3 on the right side of the display.

Chris

FYI,
i got an answer from Dji Germany, but don't understand [calibration map coordinates function] :
Hello Sir,

Please, reinstall the application and reassure you have the latest version of the firmware. Please, see also if you have enabled the calibration map coordinates function in the general settings.

Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH

Dxtrty,
They are saying you need to ensure you have activated map cache in the background in the general settings. The software update resets the map cache off.
Having said that, I have reinstalled the App 4 times and set map cache on 4 times. Still no go.

Dxtrty,
They are saying you need to ensure you have activated map cache in the background in the general settings. The software update resets the map cache off.
Having said that, I have reinstalled the App 4 times and set map cache on 4 times. Still no go.

The cache maps in background has nothing to do with caching the maps on wifi

That option is to allow DJI go to pull live map data when your flying, so let's say you did not cache before you left and you had a cell enabled device it would pull them live as you fly into an uncached area, mostly it's there to prevent you using cell data by pulling maps on the fly whilst out in the filed on a cell device

Rather than going into flight mode you can stop the app trying in the first place.

If you cache on wifi that will remain what ever happens no matter the position of that option

That response was a generic from the looks of it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool