Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another photo from Burnham-on-Crouch

Beautiful shot, congrats.

A little dark to my taste, maybe a good scene for HDR, where you could maintain the dim sun and at the same time bring up some shadows on the clouds and terrain.

Reactions: Aubrey Martin
I agreed with Eduardo.HDR would make this photo mch better.

Thanks guys for your comments, I bracketed three pics & played around with them in photomatix then finished off using Affinity photo. Thought it was a shade tooooooo dark:(

Thanks guys for your comments, I bracketed three pics & played around with them in photomatix then finished off using Affinity photo. Thought it was a shade tooooooo dark:(

If you have 3 bracketed pics you can still work over it and recover the shadows.

In case you don't use Photoshop, I find the presets on this program better than Photomatix: SNS-HDR

Way better to me. I always try to bring it closer to what my perception was at the moment (and that most cameras don't capture in a single shot).

And if you want to use some creative freedom, you can start masking some areas, so you selectively choose where to keep more or less shadow / highlights.

Reactions: Clampit
Way better to me. I always try to bring it closer to what my perception was at the moment (and that most cameras don't capture in a single shot).

And if you want to use some creative freedom, you can start masking some areas, so you selectively choose where to keep more or less shadow / highlights.

Thanks for the advice, I did do some masking in the cloud part of my 1st photo but I've still got a lot to learn;)

I like it better the way you had it Clampit :)
Not a fan of overdone HDR, the original shot looks gritty

Thanks @gruvpix i suppose it's personal preference on how you like the pic. I'm still in the learning curve at the mo so I think I need as much help as possible....;) I'm gonna carry on playing with the same three photos until I get it right.

The original is my favorite, I do some HDR sometimes but this one isn't really appropriate for it to me due to the reflection on the water skewing things too much.

Reactions: Clampit
The original is my favorite, I do some HDR sometimes but this one isn't really appropriate for it to me due to the reflection on the water skewing things too much.

Many thanks for your remarks @Kilrah much appreciated. I'm no pro photographer but just like to get the best out of what I've got, well I'm trying.....;)

I've tried again guys but I can't seem to make this photo sing.. Take a look;)View attachment 7978

Sometimes it just won't "sing" ;-) The first thing you should consider is "was the scene, at the moment of the shot, singing?".

If so, then it is a pure question of the camera capacity to capture it. Usually you will see much more details and colors than your camera, that's why HDR is important, to try and restore all details later (and I'm not a fan of stretched HDR too).

Beyond that, you can always use tools like Photoshop to stretch a little and try different things, pull colors that seem to be hiding somewhere. I'm posting here an example I did over your pic.

Maybe you could find this book useful:
Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera: Bryan Peterson: 0884798534707: Amazon.com: Books

Attachments

• Inspire_Pilots_Test.jpg
    Inspire_Pilots_Test.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah