Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Antenna dbi on the drone itslef?

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have now researched a great deal what ways i can further increase my max range.

One way that i think would work is to only change the antennas on the inspire. Another one could be to add amps on the bird but keep the antennas. What i am looking for is the way to get most feet range per buck, but also the method which is easier. For example adding 4x80$ 3w amps which weigh a bit on the bird + adding batteries is maybe not the best way to go. Instead i was thinking of installing 2 patch antennas with 9dbi on the back of the .drone, which would hopefully push it further straight away from the controller.

But what i have understood under my research is that you need to quad-double the power to double the signal length. Ex if you transmitt 200mw you need 800mw to double the range. With gain, 3dbi increase means double the power. In other words if i am going to change the antennas on the drone the increase should be 6dbi atleast. Otherwise it is maybe better to install amps, what do you guys think?
I have read that the antennas on the controller is 3dbi, but what it is on the drone itself could i not find any information on.

Cheers!

Need extra battery like on Matrice to carry extra weight, for any meaningful flight times
5b32543493cb39a120205075cf25ae58.jpg

b06aa07a538f4994610bad53672134a6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: alex111

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont