Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any advice for a new owner

Reaction score
Hello, fingers crossed my first Inspire will arrive tomorrow. I am upgrading from a Phantom 3 so any advice would be welcome.

I will be spending the morning watching the videos!

Congrats! I too am new to the Inspire. Just picked mine up this past Friday. Added it to my "hanger" with my Phantom 3 and Typhoon H. I really like its stability, speed, and build quality.

A couple minor things though; The included TB-47 was DOA. No matter what I tried couldn't get it to charge. I wound up taking the battery back to the shop and they replaced it. I've got some odd thing going on with my video feed though. You can see it in my post/thread on this site/forum.

Compass Calibration - I tried doing the CC the way most of the videos shows; Nose level, do a 360, then nose down and do a 360. I tried this several times and it took several nose-down rotations before it would complete. Just seemed weird to me. Then I looked more closely at the image on the screen. It actually shows it "wing down". Tried it this way and it work immediately. Some say it doesn't matter which way the nose is facing, that it works either way. But I found with nose down I had to turn it like 3 times..

Otherwise, I really like it! Good Luck and enjoy!

Hello, fingers crossed my first Inspire will arrive tomorrow. I am upgrading from a Phantom 3 so any advice would be welcome.

I will be spending the morning watching the videos!

Hi - the day went well. The Inspire arrived with two batteries and the firmware updated fine on everything. I did two 10 min flights running the batteries down to 50% in a good 20 mph wind! The video from the X3 is great and I am very happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz