Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any and all advice welcome

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to drones, but not to photography. I currently fly a Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro V2, but am disappointed in the cameras. I am more into captures than videography and view the drone as a magnificent 'mobile' platform to get my camera where I obviously cannot on the ground. I have the means to purchase the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse 7 but am reluctant to invest what could be a big failure.
I am not so interested in low-light capability but the ability to change lenses and not be saddled with a wide-angle lens where I figuratively have to get way too close to subject matter to either be safe or moderately covert. Higher pixel count of course better for zoom/cropping, but the pixel count between the 5 and 7 not a show stopper.

Am I on a fool's quest and what would be some very specific recommendations?

I'm not trying to save money but I have a chance for an Inspire 1 with appropriate mods to accommodate the X5s? Should I go Inspire 2 as I'm more interested in the camera than the drone. Your recommendation of 2 better than 1? Seems motors and dual batteries, wonder if anything significant else?

I'm not trying to save money but I have a chance for an Inspire 1 with appropriate mods to accommodate the X5s? Should I go Inspire 2 as I'm more interested in the camera than the drone. Your recommendation of 2 better than 1? Seems motors and dual batteries, wonder if anything significant else?
So who is saying that they have done that then?
The processing for the X5S is done on board the UAV. The Inspire 1 cameras handle the processing internally.
The gimbal coupling is entirely different and processing block would need to be frankensteined onto the airframe with sufficient grunt to handle 100mbps.
The resultant increase in AUW would negate any real flight time.
Sounds rediculous and an excercise in futility

My guess is that the camera on the Inspire 1 will be the X5 and not the X5S ...

Just so I have all of this straight. Please, did I screw up: Inspire 1, vibration plate and extended gear, Zenmuse x5s. Any problems with this config?

Just so I have all of this straight. Please, did I screw up: Inspire 1, vibration plate and extended gear, Zenmuse x5s. Any problems with this config?

Only the x5 will work on the inspire 1 the x5s is for the inspire 2 as it’s a different connection for the gimbal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters