Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any help from you pros with my picture

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please take a look at my below picture & rip the hell out of it....... What am I doing wrong:( to me the photo is not sharp (blurred) this is the 1st time this has happened & just need some assistants to point me in the right direction.

It was taken in auto mode & looks like I've set the app up to take it in 16.9. Any help would be much appreciated.

image.jpg

Sorry forgot to mention, I was using the standard uv filter that I got with the inspire.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all,

Please take a look at my below picture & rip the hell out of it....... What am I doing wrong:( to me the photo is not sharp (blurred) this is the 1st time this has happened & just need some assistants to point me in the right direction.

It was taken in auto mode & looks like I've set the app up to take it in 16.9. Any help would be much appreciated.

View attachment 3414

Sorry forgot to mention, I was using the standard uv filter that I got with the inspire.
The framing is great but yes it lacks clarity for some reason... Usually auto is not bad but I always shoot in manual anyways. Keep it at 100 ISO and adjust shutter speed as required... Also 4:3 offers more flexibility and makes use of the full size of the sensor

The framing is great but yes it lacks clarity for some reason... Usually auto is not bad but I always shoot in manual anyways. Keep it at 100 ISO and adjust shutter speed as required... Also 4:3 offers more flexibility and makes use of the full size of the sensor
Thanks for your input gruvpix, I've got the inspire in the garden at the mo, props off, playing with the settings. I've just put it back to 4.3 & I'll have a play with the manual settings;) need to charge one of my batteries up now.... I'll also try setting the ISO at 100 & play around with the shutter speed as you suggested.

Thanks for your help richparry, I'll look into that also. Just waiting for my battries to charge then I'll have a play with the settings, props off in my garden.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I could not set the aspect ratio from 16.9 back to 4.3.. Only way I could do this was by pressing the "camera reset" button in the DJI go app. It would not change when I pressed the 4.3 function in the camera settings.

I've tested the camera out again in my garden, pics are still poor:( tried it in manual mode, ISO = 100 & adjusted the shutter speed.

The AE is grayed out on screen with the padlock symbol next to it, how do I change that?

apologies in advance for some newbie questions;)

As stated above shot in 4:3 to get full use of the sensor.

Also, don't shot pics with the ND filter attached. It darkens the images, and to compensate the auto settings will set longer shutter time which could result in blurred or unsharp photos. And always shoot DNG (RAW) for the highest IQ.

As stated above shot in 4:3 to get full use of the sensor.

Also, don't shot pics with the ND filter attached. It darkens the images, and to compensate the auto settings will set longer shutter time which could result in blurred or unsharp photos. And always shoot DNG (RAW) for the highest IQ.

All taken on board, I've been shotting in JPEG but I'll give RAW a go.

Take a look at this picture, I1 is on a table, not flying but I just wanted to see if you guys thought the detail was any better? It's just a test shot hence the bad background;)

image.jpg

Thanks huppe, well it now looks like I'm making some progress with it. I'll see if I can get out tomorrow & test properly.
I will also try in RAW/JPEG mode.

That's just a small part of my garden down by the garage, needed to keep out of the way of the wife :eek:

If there's any more tips on the photo side that anyone could share with me it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for all your help with the above posts guys.:)

Porky

I agree that one should definitely always shoot in RAW and sans filters (unless shooting video). Manual mode is a great tool on the I1 and you can achieve a lot by using small tweaks (shutter speed, ISO and white balance). The first photo you posted has some white balance issues and can generally be adjusted post-shoot in Lightroom when using RAW format (or onboard the I1 during shooting).

The photo could be adjusted in post a little, but the resolution is a bit low, so always keep that at maximum when exporting. Good luck!

I agree that one should definitely always shoot in RAW and sans filters (unless shooting video). Manual mode is a great tool on the I1 and you can achieve a lot by using small tweaks (shutter speed, ISO and white balance). The first photo you posted has some white balance issues and can generally be adjusted post-shoot in Lightroom when using RAW format (or onboard the I1 during shooting).

The photo could be adjusted in post a little, but the resolution is a bit low, so always keep that at maximum when exporting. Good luck!
Again many thanks for the info, also taken on board. I just need to put it all into practise next time I'm out flying;)

Why that looks like a Davis Weather Station ya got there ! Nice :)
Not sure about all them voodoo face's on the wall but nice station ;)
Yep your right about the weather station, Davis VP2 plus with 24 hours Fars;) well spotted:D

The voodoo faces are the wife's........ She loves them, bless her, she picks one up every year we go to the Caribbean, she said it reminds her of being there, no it don't.............:D But I must keep her happy.

Guys,

Had a little play today on a cloudy day over the river Crouch, taken in manual mode using the histogram. ISO 100, all I was adjusting was the shutter speed. Is this any better?

Your thoughts & feed back would be much appreciated.

image.jpg

Seems you are getting better Clampit.
My advise is to take a few photo's with different settings without moving the scene.By that you can see what different settings will do to your picture.

Seems you are getting better Clampit.
My advise is to take a few photo's with different settings without moving the scene.By that you can see what different settings will do to your picture.

Thanks huppe, I'm trying... I'll be out flying again tomorrow so I'll try what you've suggested.

Again many thanks for your advice.;)

Thanks huppe, I'm trying... I'll be out flying again tomorrow so I'll try what you've suggested.

Again many thanks for your advice.;)
Forgot to tell when you're not able to remember your settings write down at every picture what you have done.It all comes to practice!;)
Or have some kind of manual from any DSRL camera will helps too.And offcourse all can be found on the internet.Hope you get all things settled before going on vacation.

Forgot to tell when you're not able to remember your settings write down at every picture what you have done.It all comes to practice!;)
Or have some kind of manual from any DSRL camera will helps too.And offcourse all can be found on the internet.Hope you get all things settled before going on vacation.
Thanks again huppe, little note pad in my inspire case now;)

It's Burnham week here at the mo, this Saturday coming is the close of it with a firework display, going to do my 1st night flight & see if I can get some pics. I'll be about half a mile from the crowds so no danger of flying over poeple.

How was your vacation here in the UK? Hope you enjoyed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla