Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any new owners of the x7 can share their thoughts so far

Reaction score
Hi Can any new owners of the x7 share there thought about the camera and lenses so far, are they any good? what lens is the best so far?
I am a x5s owner and have purchased the x7.. still waiting and am pretty nervous so far, there should be a lot of new owners now and wondering of their opinions.

Don't know if you've tried this or not but:

dji x7 review - YouTube

Just remember, what you see on your computer probably doesn't exactly match up with reality because of resolution limitations of your computer or the website.
OK... apart from this guy does anyone have a helpful view on there purchase of the DJI x7.
Lenses.. sharpness.. AF etc...

Dr. Ifly Drones.. have you searched bla bla bla bla 'dji x7 review yet'
There is nothing on there, no lens chart reviews nothing just a lot of video that look like x5s.
I want to know how the apsc sensor works as a 24mp camera I shoot a lot of stills and a lot of the dngs i have seen are extremely are soft, wondering if the new inspire update has helped..

OK... apart from this guy does anyone have a helpful view on there purchase of the DJI x7.
Lenses.. sharpness.. AF etc...

Dr. Ifly Drones.. have you searched bla bla bla bla 'dji x7 review yet'
There is nothing on there, no lens chart reviews nothing just a lot of video that look like x5s.
I want to know how the apsc sensor works as a 24mp camera I shoot a lot of stills and a lot of the dngs i have seen are extremely are soft, wondering if the new inspire update has helped..
Sorry! I was just trying to help.

Reactions: Marktatefilms
Sorry! I was just trying to help.
I just want an honest answer from someone who has purchased the x7.. of course I have searched youtube, everyday.... I have spent a lot on this camera and lens setup and have only heard of bad things on the stills side... I have a couple of days left to cancel and need someone to talk me out of it.

I just want an honest answer from someone who has purchased the x7.. of course I have searched youtube, everyday.... I have spent a lot on this camera and lens setup and have only heard of bad things on the stills side... I have a couple of days left to cancel and need someone to talk me out of it.
Good luck on your quest.

You've probably already seen what I have to say, but I'm considered the party pooper of the crowd since I don't shill for DJI. I wasted $4K on the X7/35, and yes, it was a complete and total waste of money. That's what you get for being an early adopter. Lesson learned. Today my X7 sits idly in my junk box, never to be used again. The only DJI product I am willing to use at this point is a hacked I2/X5S combo running software from early 2017. That actually works pretty well.

You've probably already seen what I have to say, but I'm considered the party pooper of the crowd since I don't shill for DJI. I wasted $4K on the X7/35, and yes, it was a complete and total waste of money. That's what you get for being an early adopter. Lesson learned. Today my X7 sits idly in my junk box, never to be used again. The only DJI product I am willing to use at this point is a hacked I2/X5S combo running software from early 2017. That actually works pretty well.
From what I have seen so far the 35mm seems to be the worst of the bunch unfortunately...
there is a guy called Drone Genius who uploaded some 16mm shots on you tube and they look like the x5s sharpness... still expected a lot more for the price of the unit and lens... I am hoping this can be addressed with firmware.. lets hope.
link to video where samples were uploaded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... 10.1513643811652305

iso looks unusable at 1600... the jpg have massive noise reduction on them..

I own a land surveying company and we use drones for surveying. I have a phantom 4 pro which works pretty well. I recently purchased the x7 and inspire 2. The picture quality is far better with the x7 than the p4 pro. There are issues in that our third party autopilot doesn’t yet have support for the x7 so we manually control the gimbal for now. The pictures which used to be 6Mb (p4 pro or x5s) are now 9-10Mb with x7 which makes the capability of zooming in much better. Also provides much more detail for photogrammetry. The odd thing happened recently where on photo number 715 of a three flight series, the photos became blurry with the x7. Reflew the next day and no problems, but didn’t exceed the 715 photo number. I’m not sure if this was a sensor problem or a card write problem. We use 64Gb and 128Gb cards. Also the height in the Gps data was bad... not sure about this issue yet. Keep getting encoder error. Just like all cutting edge products, there are quirks to work out. But I would say the quality for mapping with the x7 is worth the initial struggle. Eventually the bugs will be worked out. I hope folks from DJI are reading these. I would gladly help any way I can to report issues. This issue with the Gps occurred early in the life of the phantom 4 pro but was resolved with a firmware update.

Negative commenting is fine but please provide more detail. What is it about the x7 you find unacceptable. My experience is that the photos taken are much more detailed. The folly I see is in the processing on board, and lack of third party support, but this will change as updates come out. Constructive criticism assists all of us. You probably have significant experience and could aid in the advancement with thoughtful suggestions rather than outright disdain.

Reactions: Advexure
Wow sorry to hear that. Yes I have stopped being an early adopter for that very reason. I am confused though as to why it is sitting in you "junk box". don't you buy it, fly it, test it and then send it back if it doesn't meet expectations. Not being challenging here, just sincerely curios

I have the X7 and the 16, 35 and 50mm lenses. So far I love it. The results are amazing, the only flaw is me and my capacity to use it to its full extent.
I will post some more footage soon.

I was going to update from X5s to x7. I need to play around with some raw files first from a X7 for a pro photographer using it. They jogs produced by dji machines are terrible across the board.

I wanted a better low light camera but all the lenses are 2.8. My Olympus are f2 and less

Nicely done and thanks for sharing. Great representation of the X7's low light capabilities particularly up against the Helium.

I just posted a new video shot with the X7 (35 and 50mm):
Cervinia IV - The Matterhorn. Testing the Zenmuse X7 - Cinematic Video

Beautiful as always, @ElectricLife ;) Loved those closeups of the chamois! We ran into a herd of those around the Matterhorn skiing from the Zermatt side. I don't think they're real fond of the drone. Glad to hear/see you are enjoying the X7. Safe flying and Merry Christmas!

Nicely done and thanks for sharing. Great representation of the X7's low light capabilities particularly up against the Helium.

Beautiful as always, @ElectricLife ;) Loved those closeups of the chamois! We ran into a herd of those around the Matterhorn skiing from the Zermatt side. I don't think they're real fond of the drone. Glad to hear/see you are enjoying the X7. Safe flying and Merry Christmas!

Thanks, they seemed more relaxed the second time. They also seemed more calm with the I2 rather than the P4P

I might be alone here, but based on the comparison test I would say that the x7 is barely worth upgrading. Other than crop factor (which I know is very important to some) I am sticking with the x5s. To spend $4000 on the camera and single lens? I saw nothing compelling here.

Not sure what you are expecting. But the X7 shows improvements in all areas: dynamic range, noise floor, low-light, less debayering artifacts. Some of these are slight, but they are still there. I think the variable in the mix is the lenses and potential mfg variances. Some look very sharp some less so. That is worrisome, because no firmware update will fix mis-aligned optics. It does look superior to the X5s, but its not world-changingly better. So the choice of upgrading is one of perceived value. Is it worth $4k-$7k to get that amount of improvement? If your clients want the best, probably. If your clients are less picky they will probably continue to be very happy with the beautiful pictures you get from the X5s. However, if you are not already invested in the X5s, its seems like a clear choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide