Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any tips to a new flyer

Reaction score
Hey all

I have at long last upgraded to an inspire 1 pro.

I have not had it in the air yet but will do in the next few days.

have you got any tips and things I need to be aware of with the behaviour of the drone.

im going to be spending the next month (and over Christmas) getting to grips with the speed (for chasing cars), accuracy (getting up and close to builds for damage inspections) and just all out fun for myself.

also what is the views and problems if any with flying over water

thanks

Best advice I have is take it slow and become acquainted with the bird until reactions become automatic. Kind of like learning to drive a car.
You didn't mention which camera. If it is an X3, it won't be much good for inspections. You will need a Z3 zoom or an X5 with a 25mm or 45mm lens for that.
Over water.... I have never had trouble. Stay above 30 feet and you will be fine.

xxxjz.jpg

Best advice I have is take it slow and become acquainted with the bird until reactions become automatic. Kind of like learning to drive a car.
You didn't mention which camera. If it is an X3, it won't be much good for inspections. You will need a Z3 zoom or an X5 with a 25mm or 45mm lens for that.
Over water.... I have never had trouble. Stay above 30 feet and you will be fine.

View attachment 17295

thanks.

I have an X5 camera. sorry cant remember the lens on it.

I never really took my old one over water. but flying rc helicopters many years ago over water they use to drop a little a become more sensitive to movements.

I have been doing a lot of reading and watching on line. also had it out to get used to all the parts and the apps that link. just not yet had the blades on and taken it up.

might give it a go later today.

thanks again

View attachment 17295

love the Pic

You said 'Upgraded to Inspire 1....' does that mean you do have flight experience? Title says 'new flyer'.

Recommendations would be different for someone with no flying experience vs someone who does have RC experience.

You said 'Upgraded to Inspire 1....' does that mean you do have flight experience? Title says 'new flyer'.

Recommendations would be different for someone with no flying experience vs someone who does have RC experience.

Hi Steve

more like a new inspire flyer, so top tips of the machine not so much flying in general. is there something about this drone I should be aware of that the manual don't tell you.

in a way asking what problems I need to look out for in the drone that others don't have.

Gotcha. I think AeroMirage covered it well from that perspective. There's always the 'Do I upgrade firmware to latest?' debate that is on going. Some do it right away, some wait, some are running really old firmware. Some people have experienced issues right after a firmware update so you never really know what the right thing to do is.

Per the DJI warranty, if you have any issues and AREN'T on the latest firmware, they may not cover you under warranty. That's what I go by, but I haven't had any issues when upgrading so it's a gamble either way I think. It's bleeding edge of technology so you're bound to have outliers.

Gotcha. I think AeroMirage covered it well from that perspective. There's always the 'Do I upgrade firmware to latest?' debate that is on going. Some do it right away, some wait, some are running really old firmware. Some people have experienced issues right after a firmware update so you never really know what the right thing to do is.

Per the DJI warranty, if you have any issues and AREN'T on the latest firmware, they may not cover you under warranty. That's what I go by, but I haven't had any issues when upgrading so it's a gamble either way I think. It's bleeding edge of technology so you're bound to have outliers.

brilliant thanks steve.

Wiltom, be VERY careful/gentle how you land your bird. The X5 is very easily damaged due to poor quality design (Mine and others opinion) on the gimbals yaw arm (Paper thin in a critical load path internally) material. As at this time DJI make no spares available to owners for "In House" repairs. There are very limited aftermarket sources also. It took me over 18 months to repair my X5 following a self induced (Non-warranty) landing, with trips to DJI shop in Melbourne (No joy - just wanted to sell me a new Gimbal) and a trip to a USA drone repair shop (Mechanically fixed, not tested and of course failed on aircraft test when returned). The actual final fix was from a normal aviation avionics shop at a local airport.

And yes the firmware, reduced RC range issue, is real, with no fix as yet being offered by DJI.

This might be of interest:

And later on even this item:

I live in Perth, Western Australia, which is also a big issue when trying to log on to DJI Go App in remote places - Lots of space like that here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo