Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any use for dud TB48 batteries?

Reaction score
I ordered 2 TB48 batteries with my Inspire but they were both dud on arrive won't charge and now don't even have enough power to do a battery check. I have since recived the 2 replacements but they've sent me black ones not white which makes the inspire look like a flying zebra.

Is there any use for the dud batteries or do I just bin them?

To see how to remove the battery top see:
I don't know what language this is, but watch and see.....

I ordered 2 TB48 batteries with my Inspire but they were both dud on arrive won't charge and now don't even have enough power to do a battery check. I have since recived the 2 replacements but they've sent me black ones not white which makes the inspire look like a flying zebra.

Is there any use for the dud batteries or do I just bin them?
You can swap the cases over to get the matching color. I believe that there is a method to jump start the battery to get them charging and working again. I was browsing through YouTube and came across the video I will try to find it and upload link.

Ah cool I might try swapping the cases over. If any one does know a way of jump starting the batties that would be good I probably wouldn't trust them for flight but I could use them with the osmo battery extender.

Ah cool I might try swapping the cases over. If any one does know a way of jump starting the batties that would be good I probably wouldn't trust them for flight but I could use them with the osmo battery extender.
Take a look at this article about DJI Inspire Batteries.
How to fix a bricked DJI Inspire 1 battery
It's quite self explanatory and you can fly using it after resetting.
I hope that this piece of information is of use.
Phil

I tried disconecting the balance lead and leaving them over night, I reconected them and they appered to spring into life but in reality they were duff. Only the power button and the green light closest to it lit up they both stayed lit until they slowley dimmed to nothing I tried pluging in the charger but nothing. I think they are completly done. Probably time for the bin.

I also have a TB47 that I haven't used in over 6 months. I wanted to charge it up as a back up for a job today, but none of the lights will turn on. I've had it on a charger for about 10 minutes and still nothing.

I don't think resetting the firmware on the battery will help, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

Yeah it's definitely worth a go mine didn't even light up before I tried resetting them. I have had one last thought, I have proper lipo charger is I connected directly to the battery terminals and ballance lead is there any chance that would work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth