Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any way of doing a nice and smooth 360 with I1?

Reaction score
Hi guys, my Inpire 1 flies beautifully and i like it a lot but and big but ....
i can not do a nice and smooth 360 turn in order to shoot something ... I try changing settings, ATT, brake at minimum, expo curve, yaw at 70 and i can not fine the right settings to get it smooth enough. I
been flying for almost 3 years with a DJI F550 with DYS 3 axis gimbal and love it ....i can do perfectly smooth 360 with my Futaba 8FG super ...
Any help will be appreciated ! Thanks in advance ...

Hi guys, my Inpire 1 flies beautifully and i like it a lot but and big but I can not do a nice and smooth 360 turn in order to shoot something .
The best manual method I have used successfully is to use P-GPS with the aircraft and camera pointing ahead towards your point of interest. With a small left or right input apply an opposite yaw input to keep the camera on the subject. I have found that with small constant inputs with slight corrections will allow you to do a circular orbit.

Reactions: jon b
Thanks !! i can do a 360 of course but video do not come out smooth enough .... so what i am trying to know if there are any gain settings in order to archive that ...

I try that already but during the rotations the video looks bad, bumpy video .. you know what i mean? it does not look like a smooth movement ....

No... maybe post an example.
Never found it hard to do smooth pans with the I1.

not pans, i am talking about circular turns ... i will post a video so is easy to understand ..

Kilrah that exactly what i mean ! yous looks really smooth .... can you share your settings to help me out finding why mine does not fly that good ...?

You may be right Scot but i am sure also that you need good settings in order to archive smooth results ... i been flying for 3 years now so i hope i know how to fly .... not with the inspire, but with the F550 DJI. This is my demo reel

Maybe i have to get used to the I1 RX, but i am sure that i also have to have the right gain settings.

Hi guys, my Inpire 1 flies beautifully and i like it a lot but and big but ....
i can not do a nice and smooth 360 turn in order to shoot something ... I try changing settings, ATT, brake at minimum, expo curve, yaw at 70 and i can not fine the right settings to get it smooth enough. I
been flying for almost 3 years with a DJI F550 with DYS 3 axis gimbal and love it ....i can do perfectly smooth 360 with my Futaba 8FG super ...
Any help will be appreciated ! Thanks in advance ...

I don't know if this example is good enough for what you want (1.09min into the video), but it was done with a 'fixed' gimbal, low winds and slow speed.

It looks nice Zaebal, but what i need to do it with the Inspire 1, that i just bought ... thanks

Or if you're asking how I did it, I discovered, quite by accident, that at slow speeds you can just hold the sticks to produce yaw and forward movement at just the same rate, and the Inspire 1 virtually does it for you. It takes a little practice but once you've got the hang of it, it really does all the work for you.

Awesome Demo Reel by the way... :)

Excellent !! so besides practice, what are your gains and att and brake settings if you can share?

Excellent !! so besides practice, what are your gains and att and brake settings if you can share?
Factory default - I messed around with them, but to be honest, it didn't help me that much as I ended up putting them back as they were. I suspect that this is all down to personal choice, one person may prefer something that another hates. What worked for me was going out there and forcing myself to try flying smoothly around a target of interest, different angles, heights, etc. I think the Inspire's really easy to fly, but learning to fly it precisely is not so easy. I also believe that learning to fly it precisely is utterly worth it for the resultant smooth video shots.

My goodness i guess i need lots of practice then !! just compared with futaba, DJI TX sticks are so responsive ...

I have used this method with the Phantom 2 with some success (Futaba RC) but I can see no reason why it will not work with the Inspire. In the field, quick trial and error will determine where the bulldog clips need to be placed for the speed of the movement left or right and degree of yaw. With the size of clips I use, they precisely stop on the edges of the surrounds of the sticks and can minutely adjusted. It works best by resting the RC unit on a hard, flat and stable surface. Good luck
DJI.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide