Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anybody tried (or witnessed) a dual remote set-up?

Reaction score
Call me cynical but it crossed my mind whether the delay shipping the dual remote version wasn't actually short supply of the remotes but more that this functionality is still being worked on.

This is based on absolutely nothing at all - though the fact that the firmware updates seem to be frequent and the app isn't yet on v1.0 which makes just a little concerned that maybe the I1 isn't quite ready for market. Not that it affects me, as I'm still waiting for my Chinese santa to make his delivery!

Has anybody seen a dual remote set-up in action?

I believe so - my understanding is that you tap and hold the live video feed to pan and tilt the camera - and it works well.

I used a dual Tx when I shot video in Lake Tahoe. It works well and I was relaxed just being the Pilot.

Can you rotate the camera 360" with the 1 controller?
Do we know the limitations of 1 controller compared with 2 yet? Besides ease of use.

Cheers wiski

Can you rotate the camera 360" with the 1 controller?
Do we know the limitations of 1 controller compared with 2 yet? Besides ease of use.

Cheers wiski

The limits are 320 in each direction. The gimbal will not freely rotate 360 degrees but will rotate 360 from a single point if that makes sense to you.

I have a 2 controller setup and it works as per the manual. The slave controller is identical to the master controller in terms of hardware. However when you make a controller a slave it asks to pair to a master controller within the app software

image.jpg

Reactions: Jacob Scordilis
I didn't see many replies to your post so I thought I'd inject some of my thoughts. I started with an I1 Pro, X5, w/single RC. After using that for 4-6 months, I bought a second RC (Amazon, $435.00) and started using dual RC's utilizing my brothers talents who also has been a photographer (still) for 40+ years. My thoughts are these:, 1) It is both easier and more difficult., 2) It is more effective in terms of getting better results (and that is our common goal-right?)., 3) It is more of a hassle because you have to rely on another person., 4) "I love it", this is my bottom line.

To clear up these vague determinations.., you have to consider that it takes two people. Two people that must agree on a common result. Everybody has generally their own ideas on how to accomplish a task. It requires "together" building a common group of terms that express what you are looking for as the photographer or the camera operator. You better talk about what you want and find a quick way of expressing it clearly and concisely. This is what I mean about it being harder. What we ended up doing (and were still in the process) is taking an online course that will teach both of you what the instructor himself calls these camera moves and techniques and agree on using them. We both now know what a vertical reveal is! We knew it before, but we now call it the same thing. This includes a crawl, a line, etc., etc. Your results will improve and the quantity will increase in terms of useable footage. We have both been photographers for a lifetime. We have not been videographers for a lifetime. New set of terminology, new set of skills. We are learning as we go. When he can't make it to a session, I revert back to my solo-rig and resort to my old sets of tricks. This is fine with me, but comparatively more limiting. Sometimes you need four hands. Period! This can be a hassle. It seems as though it should be either your job, or you both should have the same degree of desire to get good at the task at hand and, be willing to put in the time. When it works, it's great. It's a lot easier than dragging your finger all over the screen trying to fly and align the camera direction at the same time - perfectly! It has improved our abilities to discuss options. It's fun to strive to complete a complex set of moves together to accomplish what amounts to a "great" shot. You wouldn't have a chance in hell of single-handedly pulling off half the stuff you can do with someone else. But there can be frustrations galore. Commitment, schedules, attitudes, etc., etc. I love my brother to death and we spend a great deal of time together, quality time, and always have. It's like a marriage, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Don't get frustrated too quickly, it gets better.

Maybe you should ask yourself a serious question before you invest in a second remote, "How effective of a communicator am I?, REALLY" This might save you a few bucks! This reply to your post is a bit "around-the-corner" but I trying perhaps to get people to think about some of the things (aspects) that we don't always consider. Hell, if it doesn't work out with my brother, I'll push him off the cliff and go hire someone! Just kiddin Bro!

What he said, it's a bit tricky and disorienting at first, but is needed to achieve complex shots that are simply impossible with one operator. For a static subject I prefer flying the drone myself and leaving the cam in follow mode as this way I can get the shot I want, but for complex tracking shots i.e. if you are following a moving target and keeping them centred in the frame this is much easier to accomplish with two people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions