Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Anyone know how to unlock DJI Go distance limits?

Reaction score
We are 107 pilots flying large parcels in G A/S and e2/D with a waiver. We use Drone Deploy over DJI Go, but DJI Go sets a maximum of 500M distance limit. Is it possible to unlock or disable this feature? We have not been able to find a way. This is not a Drone Deploy problem and DJI is famously unresponsive. We have 3NM av lights, but would never fly that far out. A mile out would do and be safe and compliant. But 500M is ~ 1/3 mile and makes us mob/De-mob unnecessarily in our view.

We are 107 pilots flying large parcels in G A/S and e2/D with a waiver. We use Drone Deploy over DJI Go, but DJI Go sets a maximum of 500M distance limit. Is it possible to unlock or disable this feature? We have not been able to find a way. This is not a Drone Deploy problem and DJI is famously unresponsive. We have 3NM av lights, but would never fly that far out. A mile out would do and be safe and compliant. But 500M is ~ 1/3 mile and makes us mob/De-mob unnecessarily in our view.
If you can see an Inspire at one mile congrats, you have magnificent eyesight. I lose mine around 2500 feet.:eek: but I'm old...

There is no distance limit - only altitude hardware limitation set at 500m agl.
Distance is only constricted by the RF link between aircraft and TX.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
In DJI Go app, There is an MAX Altitude setting AND an MAX Distance.
Drone Deploy uses the parameter settings in DJI Go to approve or disapprove the flight plan.
So we have no choice but to split up large missions into several small ones.
Quite annoying.

Can't you just enter the maximum distance you want? It should allow you to go to bigger numbers than 500m for distance and I can certainly set a distance greater than 500m if I want to. The RC C2 link is supposed to have a range of 4+ miles....

If you re changing it and you're still being restricted, then it could be that the DJI Go app doesn't see you as being signed in and is applying a basic Geofence. in that case, make sure you have the latest versions of the drone Deploy and DJI Go apps, make sure your tablet is connected to the internet and then sign out of the DJIGo app and sign back in.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
In DJI Go app, There is an MAX Altitude setting AND an MAX Distance.
Drone Deploy uses the parameter settings in DJI Go to approve or disapprove the flight plan.
So we have no choice but to split up large missions into several small ones.
Quite annoying.
What I mean is there is no software/firmware restriction on maximum distance - only the propagation of the RF link.
With regards to the maximum distance field within the app, leave it blank - in other words put no value in there.
You will then be unrestricted

I i'm also fully licensed & have OP certificate in Australia. I had the same problem I found that no matter what distance limit I entered I could only fly 500M so after some frustration, instead of trying to increase the distance by entering a larger number I simple turned off the distance limit & all is well NO limit...
Hope this works for you this was on an Inspire 1 V2, it should as its not the aircraft its the DJI GO app as you mentioned.

I have found that you can't adjust the limits while you're flying - you have to adjust them while on the ground. I've set my max distance on my I2 at 5000m with no problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz