Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone on the island of Maui want to fly?

Reaction score
So yes my name is Jeff I'm located on the beautiful Valley Isle of Maui in Hawaii if you're anywhere near my location and want to go flying let me know. I'm always flying whether commercial or on my time.

Reactions: Advexure
Hi Jeff, since you are from Maui maybe you might be able to answer some questions?
I am a drone Pilot in Canada (we run an aerial Photography company). I am interested in while on vacation flying on the island to get some footage. I have a Canadian SFOC (special flight operations certificate ) but understand that in the US you need to write a test? Also register your drone. I am wondering if you may have a flight map outlining areas that are acceptable to fly? or website that i may enquire about all of the above.
Any other thoughts would be a big help.
Cheers,
Brad

So yes my name is Jeff I'm located on the beautiful Valley Isle of Maui in Hawaii if you're anywhere near my location and want to go flying let me know. I'm always flying whether commercial or on my time.

Would love to connect, Jeff. We are in HI a few times each year, a couple of our guys returned a short time ago from a DJI production that was a very full six days between Maui, Kauai, O'ahu and Big Island. Particularly on Maui having a local flying partner that knows the lay of the land and airspace makes the experience that much better. Safe flying and I hope our paths can cross on the island! Safe flying!

Hey Jeff, let me know if you are available sometime between the 15-26 of March.
Cheers

Hi Jeff, since you are from Maui maybe you might be able to answer some questions?
I am a drone Pilot in Canada (we run an aerial Photography company). I am interested in while on vacation flying on the island to get some footage. I have a Canadian SFOC (special flight operations certificate ) but understand that in the US you need to write a test? Also register your drone. I am wondering if you may have a flight map outlining areas that are acceptable to fly? or website that i may enquire about all of the above.
Any other thoughts would be a big help.
Cheers,
Brad

Hey Brad,

I can help answer some of those questions. I moved back here to Maui after being on Oahu for the past 10 years. In reference to your SFOC, you are correct, if you want to pursue commercial purposes, you need to be Part 107 certified as well as registering your drone. Reference here. For maps I use this. Most of Maui is Class G airspace, so you can fly most places except near the airpots. Let me know if you have any questions!

Brenn Nakamitsu

Hey Brad,

I can help answer some of those questions. I moved back here to Maui after being on Oahu for the past 10 years. In reference to your SFOC, you are correct, if you want to pursue commercial purposes, you need to be Part 107 certified as well as registering your drone. Reference here. For maps I use this. Most of Maui is Class G airspace, so you can fly most places except near the airpots. Let me know if you have any questions!

Brenn Nakamitsu
Hi Brenn, are you into meeting up and perhaps fling together in Maui anytime from the 15-26 of March? We are considering lugging our inspire 2 with X5s down to Maui. Do you have any locations you like to or would recommend flying?
Cheers
Brad

Aloha! Check out the Hawaii Drone Photography page if you haven't already, that's the best spot to meet us locals.

Lyle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo