Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone using hand catch grab handles?

Guess I am not seeing the relevance between Julio Iglesias or Dragonwarrier2012 and the question at hand......

Rob

Yeeowch...
enrique-iglesias-2-800.jpg

Personally I feel it is just to dangerous and would require 2 people to do. A pilot and a catcher. The only advantage to a catch handle system would be for use on a boat where the landing area is a issue. The two individuals would have to be in perfect sync. Also I would turn VPS off just to be sure that the catcher does not confuse the landing sequence due to being below the bird.

Don't see a lot of use for this as it requires 2 people, one who catches the drone and one who has the RC.
If this thing allowed a person to catch the drone with one hand while holding the RC in the other hand (just like is possibly on the Phantom) then it would be more useful.

Yes it does require two people and it is for launching and retrieving off the bow of a boat.

Using a Phantom 2 Vision+ and Phantom 3 Pro have launched and retrieved multiple times.

Would like to use the Inspire 1 in place of the Phantom for this scenario.

Thanks,

Rob

Personally I feel it is just to dangerous and would require 2 people to do. A pilot and a catcher. The only advantage to a catch handle system would be for use on a boat where the landing area is a issue. The two individuals would have to be in perfect sync. Also I would turn VPS off just to be sure that the catcher does not confuse the landing sequence due to being below the bird.

Not sure why, i use the strap for RC so i can bring down and drop the RC and hold the Inspire no issue, once safely in your hands you can turn the props off easily enough, just tilt it...

However i would not use them anyway, so its irrelevant...

Not sure why, i use the strap for RC so i can bring down and drop the RC and hold the Inspire no issue, once safely in your hands you can turn the props off easily enough, just tilt it...

However i would not use them anyway, so its irrelevant...
Irrelevant? not necessarily. just means there's more to do and you have to be good at coordinating the procedure. I still don't recommend it though simply because of the size and weight of the I1. Just one screw up and it's Chop! Chop!

This seems like a potentially good idea for a back up plan. Of course landing on the ground or back on the boat deck is ideal, but sometimes things happen and its suddenly not your best option. With proper testing/practice I think it would be safer than grabbing the battery (something I've never tried and would prefer not to). I work on a fishing show and we have been in a few situations in the past year where these could have been a worthy back up plan. We always shoot with two people so no issue there. If I had to choose between loosing my I1 in the lake (with potentially a 'million dollar' clip on the card) or grabbing the battery or grabbing a set of handles, I'd choose the handles.

Last edited:
I just grab the feet but I've seen a pic of these and suppose it would help if you catcher isn't very coordinated. Gives a larger grab zone for extra finger safety, lol! Waste of money in my opinion though unless maybe you're trying to catch one in a 30mph wind in atti mode with a novice pilot.

I'm thinking of these as out flying the other day and the landing gear refused to lower, so I would have certainly benefited from having these

Maybe use accessory connector for the Ronin handlebar and attach some smallrig handles to the 3/8 or 1/4-20 thread. Anyone know the diameter of the inspire 2 bars in relation to the Ronin?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa