Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone using the I1 pro for AG services?

Reaction score
I am interested in chatting with anyone that is using the DJI modified (NDVI) X3 camera for mapping in the AG service industry.

Please start a chat with me if you are. I'm thinking of starting a small AG service business.

Thanks

I am flying the m100 and doing ag services with the z3 and dronedeploy app. I also bought the SlantRange which is specifically for Agriculture and their software does amazing work at providing detailed counting, weed ID, drought spots etc.

Insipre 1 would probably work if you only use the x3 modified...not sure how accurate that is though.

Hi, yes I'm interested in doing AG maps for the large AG area where I live. I am also looking closely at Datamapper as it offers a slew of apps that would be good for farmers.

I see that DJI makes its own X3 modified for ndvi maps and is about $1500. I have seen places modify the stock X3 but also read that some conversions do not work out well due to soft edges etc. What resolution you getting per inch/centimetre? What altitude you flying at and how's your battery life?

The modded X3 works well. We used it for a bit before we moved on to multispec. We have the modded X3 forsale in like new condition for $1100 if you want it.

I've done some testing with the I1 pro and the Phantom 4pro (for small jobs) using Drone Deploy. So far the maps have been very good and the quality from the Phantom 4 pro was quite surprising. Tossing around between two modified X3 camera's or possibly the new Slantrange 3p. I really like the fact that the Slantrange 3p has a 20% overlap. I need to do some research to see what information the agriculture folks are needing. Initial investigating is the need for thermal images, interpretation means $$$ for the XTr.

If anyone can chime in here please do.

I am flying the m100 and doing ag services with the z3 and dronedeploy app. I also bought the SlantRange which is specifically for Agriculture and their software does amazing work at providing detailed counting, weed ID, drought spots etc.

Insipre 1 would probably work if you only use the x3 modified...not sure how accurate that is though.
Can I chat with you about getting started in agriculture? I've been in business since 2015, construction and real estate. (private chat if you like)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen