Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone willing to help/have suggestions for s student in Seattle?

Reaction score
I'm a grad student at UW and am in a really great rocketry class. We're doing some pretty high level stuff - my project is three stages and is hoping to break mach 2 - and I really want to film the launch with a drone. We'll be in Nevada in March or April for the launch!

I have a lot of videography experience and have a specific shot in mind, but I don't want to buy a phantom 3 (or whichever drone) for one shot for one class. I'd love to hear thoughts about how to accomplish this. I don't know of any rental places, for instance.

I have some rc piloting experience but would want to practice and become familiar with the drone so I'm confident and safe at the launch. If anyone curious, I'd be happy to talk more about the project and the footage I have in mind!

Wouldn't be too difficult to get someone.
Come on Inspire pilots!

Wouldn't be too difficult to get someone.
Come on Inspire pilots!
Been there, done that with no success. I've tried over and over to capture a class (model rocketry) and those suckers are just to fast. I may have gotten a puff of smoke and that's it! Even tried to get around 500+ft (thats going to bring out the comments, hold them thank you) an no luck. I did manage to capture when the parachute ejected and tried to run the rocket down but again...no luck. With that said, the thought of getting my i1 tangled up in the parachute lines made me cringe. Good luck if you do! Oh and BTW, the landing of the SpaceX Falcon9 here was...well... unbelievable, it was to windy for me to capture that night....rats!

is there a grant for a project where you could include necessary visual measuring equipment such as Inspire 1?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool