Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anything less than 30 fps stutters

Reaction score
Hi folks. New forum member but had osmo for a while. Using with standard x3 cam. Considering x5 adaptor.

1. I am using litchi osmo, the osmo tripod and rod (official). I am using the app to do a slow pan left to right. All of this is ok apart from the fact that when I play the video back on my IMac it is very stuttery. It looks like a load of pictures one after another rather than a smooth video. If I record in NTSC using 3840 x 2160 30fps it is smoother, so I think this rules out a playback issue on my IMAC. I am using dlog & transcoding, but the footage is stuttery before transcoding. I am using full manual settings of PAL 3840 x 2160 24, 25, 30fps. Only when I use 25 or 24 fps does it stutter. I have tried shutter speed of 50th & 60th with 24/25 fps which don't seem to make much of a difference. Also it seems to me that the stuttering is more prominent in higher key areas rather than lower key areas. If it takes me a while to resolve this issue what are the implications of shooting 30fps on osmo and 24/25fps on phantom 4 and Inspire 1 pro and then using that footage in the same video? Will it look like it was obviously shot on three different devices?

2. Why does the X5 adaptor not work with osmo tripod and rod? From the pictures it looks like the two would connect ok. Is it a balance issue given the x5 adds weight?

Thanks.

What iMac are you using? I have a MacBook Pro and it can't even play my files without stutter.....only iMac able to play 4K with ease is the 5k I think correct me if I'm wrong.....

Not super duper for sure, only 8gb 2.9 I5. BUT, it can't be a playback issue can it? As 30fps (NTSC) is buttery smooth. All faster frame rates play back fine. does that rule out a machine spec issue?

24/25fps does give a "slideshow" feel to some people, that's the whole "charm" of it. Can be more or less regular depending on the way your computer (which refreshes its display at a different frequency) handles the conversion.

Mixing footage of different rates will cause even more obvious, uneven stuttering for any bit that isn't in the project's output framerate.

Also don't use the space bar "preview" on the mac, open the clip in Quicktime for correct playback.

yeah, its in quicktime straight off the sd card before any processing of any form. its interesting you say charm. I've been trying to encapsulate what that "cinematic" 24 fps look is. If thats it, it is simply sh1t ! :) to me 30fps looks much better for what i am doing (marketing stuff). it doesn't need to look like a tarantino flick. clean & bright.

when i shoot 4k25fps on my inspire its fine. Then i shoot 4k 30fps on Osmo. Im setting my FCPX project to 1080p 25fps. It seems to down sample the 30fps quite well actually. playback is still smooth. It is quite hard to get your head around :-0

so 4k25 and 4k30 seems to work quite well on a 1080p25fps project is what I'm saying quite badly.

anybody know why DJI say the X5 adaptor is "not compatible" with osmo tripod and stand? from the pics it looks like it may hook together ok? Gravity?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz