Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

APP Crash after recent update

dec

Reaction score
(moderator . . . I searched . . if there are numerous threads on this already for the I2 since the recent update (March 2017) . . . please delete the thread and send me a PM)

OK . . . I dont want to put out a poll . . . but is anyone else having APP CRASH probs (iOS or Android) since recent update(s) ? I'm having major issues . . . the updates went fine . . . or so I thought. Last two days the deuce is absolutely worthless due to APP crash. Its not intermittent . . its constant crash. Ive done everything from the DJI forums, I spoke to DJI Tech support (2+hrs of my life I'll never get back) who of course wanted to give me no help when I told them up front . . . ITS NOT ON THE APPROVED LIST, but please give me trouble shooting steps on one that is. So I'm in desperate need of thoughts, ideas, tips. Ive rebooted, cleared cache(s), removed ALL APPs except DJI GO4, reinstalled, checked firmware of apps and hardware (in app list), tried other tablets/cells (also NOT on the list) and different power cords. Same issue . . . intermittent APP Load . . . when I get in and have video feed it may last seconds . . . then crash.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
plan of action . . . I'm going to review the app file numbers again to make sure they are all the latest . . . and then soft reset the tablet and see if its hanging up somewhere thats not obvious to me. So please send any other ideas or references . . . thx in advance ~

You're not alone, I had
no problems until latest update, now getting sudden app crash and complete video signal loss randomly, at 100% signal

No Thatius, that's how the app stores work. Apps are submitted to them for release and then undergo an approval process by Apple etc before they're put up for for general release to joe public. Speak to anyone who does software for them and you'll find the approval process is out of the app writer's hands, isn't instant and takes time.

Not quite, certainly with Apple updates go through a review process -

If you choose to automatically release your app update, that app is posted to the store as soon as it’s approved by Apple, pending the availability date you have set.

If you choose to manually control the version’s release, your app status changes to Pending Developer Release after it’s approved by Apple, indicating that you can manually release it to the store when you’re ready.

If you choose Automatic, no earlier than, you must select a date and time. The date and time will be based on your local time and a conversion to GMT will be displayed next to it. This means that as long as your version is approved, it will be released at the time selected. Remember it can still take up to 24 hours for an app to process to the App Store. If the version has not yet been reviewed it will not go live until it has been approved.
Replacing Your App with a New Version

Right... 24 hours... there's no reason for Apple or Google to hold this, and any excuse is just a cover.

They haven't released a fix because as long as you use a new iPad and the DJI apps, everything works.
Except their apps sucks compared to the third party apps. But DJI doesn't like competition, and they use dirty underhanded tricks to achieve their goals.

I had crashes on my iPhone 6 soon after updating, then uninstalled and re installed, I guess after the issue was corrected and it was running fine on my Osmo, iPad was updated today as I hadn't even powered it up, it updated automatically but no crashes yet, will fly tomorrow so I hope all is well.

The android version 3.1.7 is having the same issues, had to reload the DJI Go app today while out flying my M600.
I had been trying out Litchi, but they don't support video via the EXT port on andriod, so back to DJI Go.
The App crashed mutiple times or froze ... partial or complete loss of video at 150 m away, then it kept wanting to return home saying it had lost signal.
Fortunately I was flying along a wide open beach.
Looks like we are going backwards again.

My k1 shield is crashing repeatedly since the last update .

Its even crashing so badly one in every few flights now that you have to land it and power down before it will open Dji Go again. My slave feed is also now rubbish and constantly reads poor signal....long and short is Dji messed up big style with this last update and only the ipad pro seems to work well.

Mines been in for repair for the issues and i was basically told its the apps fault and we all have to sit and wait for the fixes.......

Reactions: dec
I gave up and bought a new iPad pro... they've purposely broken android because of their deal with apple.

Its a real shame you have had too pal. I was reading the shield specs today and they are actually better than the ipad pro despite it been older so it stinks.

Im starting to see enough evidence here for a big complaint. Its only a matter of time before an App crash in the wrong place causes an accident.

After all this and the constant issues i face in the air ive started making a point of emailing every new drone company/ exisiting now offering free advise about whats needed to oust Dji from the market top and what specs commercial operators want.

I never liked them from the start as a long term r/c flyer anyway and now there been really cheeky so its war i say when your relying on their product to earn a living.

This never would of happened in the traditional r/c environment as there is too much competition. All we need is a matching spec IOSD from someone else and the market will become wide open again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
So is this update issue only happening with Androids? I'm using an ipad 4 but have held off updating. Is it safe to update on ipad 4?

Not sure . . . but my APP CRASH endeavor is still CONTINUOUS !! Called DJI a couple times to get assistance . . . they could care less --- use the 'not on the approved list' even though an OS is 95% the same on every platform running it . . the other 5% is just UI specifics which the tablet/phone is designed to absorb. Its very frustrating ~

*new to Inspires*. Inspire 1 Pro with X5.

I had DJI GO running on a (approved list) Google Nexus 9, reset to Factory + Android updates. After about 5 minutes power on, on the bench it starts to lag and gets slower until it locks completely. The Controller carries on working. I have a second screen hanging off the Controller HDMI port and that just carries on. Similar issues on my Huawei (not on approved list) phone.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB sometimes works, as does killing the APP but at other times I need to reboot the tablet. Setting background task # to 0 (via Developer options) improves but does not fix. Disabling all unnecessary apps (including Google Play - as suggested by someone) does not help

There is definitely some buggy code / buffer overruns within the camera shutter function as I can crash it pretty easily if I try and take another picture whilst the current one is being saved. I can get it into a state where it just keeps taking pictures without me pressing anything!

Problems with current version (as of 1st April 2017) and also previous version. 3.1.5 and 3.1.4

Cure? Paid for Litchi and so far so good.

Reactions: dec

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko