Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App development

Reaction score
A question to any App developers for inspire 1. Is it a possibility that in the near future, a feature of an app could be that a route could be drawn freehand on a map (not just straight lines). And the app automatically converts the route into waypoints, what limits the maximum amount of waypoints that can be set, is it processing power? This functionality would be brilliant for autominously following rivers or lake edges, leaving a single operator to concentrate on controlling the camera.

A question to any App developers for inspire 1. Is it a possibility that in the near future, a feature of an app could be that a route could be drawn freehand on a map (not just straight lines). And the app automatically converts the route into waypoints, what limits the maximum amount of waypoints that can be set, is it processing power? This functionality would be brilliant for autominously following rivers or lake edges, leaving a single operator to concentrate on controlling the camera.
Already available in Litchi (for android). Max density is 99 waypoints.

Already available in Litchi (for android). Max density is 99 waypoints.
Thanks lake-flyer, you did give me some info on this being available with litchi in a previous thread, showing the waypoints set very close together to follow curves, I wasn't sure though whether you had to manually set the waypoints yourself, or you could just draw the route on the map and then it would be converted into waypoints automatically. Thanks that answers my question. Could you possibly tell me what would happen, if the route you drew on the map exceeded the max 99 waypoints, would it then do a straight line back to the start position, is there any way I could download any litchi instruction manual for inspire, at the moment I don't have an android devise, but I have a PC, thanks again.

There is also an app in beta called air nest that's pretty good. Should be public soon.
Home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The video looks interesting, but the two examples of the autonomous routes drawn looked fairly short, it will be good to find out how the drawn route equates to actual waypoints, and if it will result in true flight curves, as against flying a straight line from waypoint to waypoint with curved turns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah