Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ascend up into "Touch" No Fly zone... how is this possible?

Reaction score
We took off approx 150 meters outside the red ring around a small private airport ( this airport not even shown as cat b or cat a on No FLY Zones | DJI ...... we took off without incident... as we ascended above the tree tops we got this message: "Touch No Fly Zone" .... the AC started to drift toward a tree top... I turned away from the tree and gave it some throttle but the AC did not respond and would not let me fly away from tree... we got lucky and the inspire was just high enough to clear the branches.

Reviewing the flight record it shows our home point well outside of the no fly zone. We came very close to crashing into the tree and loosing the AC so this is very concerning.

Any ideas why this happened?

Nothing about "touching no fly zones" in the manual :)

Yeah; almost like it is treating the no fly zone as a category A .. with the altitude tapering out from the perimeter ... but that can't be because we were well inside the distance of category A no fly zone. Maybe there is a new hybrid zone :)

Maybe it would be safer to not even fly that close to the airport? And if you must fly that close you can set it up with Dji to temporarily disable the no fly zone. At least I read it's possible in this thread on post 104. The post provides this link Override 'No Fly' Zone Form | Heliguy.com

Please use a scanner to monitor air traffic near non-tower airports as well.

Thanks for the feedback.... I'm just trying to figure out exactly how this thing works in those situations. I don't want to override the no fly zone... just respect it and know how the AC will behave near the no fly zone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice