Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot (by Auto Flight Logic) Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Anyone still using Autopilot with the Inspire 1
Any issues recently? I’ve used it a couple years back - but only a little; would like to test it out again.
Suggestions, issues or heads up, you can pass along would be appreciated
Thanks ... Lloyd

Actually, I just used AP 15min ago for mapping 2hectar dense wood at 60m with X5 15mm 2sec manual. Half through the session, the gimbal died, and instead of pointing right down, it was looking at a 45 degree angle.
Took it down, changed battery and flew the mission again - same result.
Before I flew, I put tape around the lens hood in order to balance perfectly.
Now I have taken the tape off again and will try again when the batteries are charged.
Doubt it has anything to do with AP, as when I started DJI Go, I could still not control the gimbal.
I like the AP, go ahead and use it again.

So you believe that the auto pilot has nothing to do with the gimbal issue; just a coincidence!
Thank you

Not 100% sure. I will try again with the AP, and if it fails again, I will fry a bit around with the DJI Go, setting the camera to take pictures every 2 seconds.It could be that the 2sec is too short, thus the software get confused.

Jake, I live in Sweden, thus you can never trust the weather here. Three months with no rain, and now the last fourteen days have been almost without pause in the rain.
So, it will first be tomorrow Wednesday I will have a chance to exercise the bird.
Tomorrow will be a rather large area of woodlands in better than 4cm (about 2inch) resolution. Then we will see what happens with AP and gimbal.
In case of failure, I have the plan prepared on the Precision Mapper application from Precision Hawk. If that fails too, like gimbal dropping dead, then I have a Phantom with me.

Reactions: jakejhonson44
Jake, I live in Sweden, thus you can never trust the weather here. Three months with no rain, and now the last fourteen days have been almost without pause in the rain.
So, it will first be tomorrow Wednesday I will have a chance to exercise the bird.
Tomorrow will be a rather large area of woodlands in better than 4cm (about 2inch) resolution. Then we will see what happens with AP and gimbal.
In case of failure, I have the plan prepared on the Precision Mapper application from Precision Hawk. If that fails too, like gimbal dropping dead, then I have a Phantom with me.

Okay mate i understand Goodluck bad weather can never be your drone's bestfriend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74