Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
I know this company has a track record of being a scammer. But after the new ownership I thought I would give them a chance. What a nightmare!

First I tried to order their FPV Kit using my PayPal Account. I've had a PayPal account for 16+ years and use it maybe 50 times every single day (I run the largest Reptile Company in the country). I had 500+ dollars in my balance and a bank account with over 400k connected as a backup funding source. The order failed to go
through.

I got emails from Chad telling me this is on my end and must be an address mismatch. I've used the same billing address since 1999.

Next day I placed an order using my PayPal MasterCard. Instead of getting a tracking number I got a phone call from Clint saying there was an issue. When I called back Clint starts playing games, "So Bill can you tell me what you ordered?" Huh? I verified my order and Clint said this didn't go through due to my billing address
being wrong. As he was telling me this I was already logged into my PayPal account. I thought i would at least triple check there wasn't an address attached to my account. There wasn't. As most of you know PayPal Verifies addresses.

I don't know what type of scam they are running now but I highly recommend avoiding this "company".

I would like to second this. We ordered the Inspire FPV system from DSLR pros and it was total garbage, utterly useless beyond 100ft. They also sent us a different monitor with the kit than was advertised, which promptly died on its first job... Complete waste of money, I'm not even going to bother trying to get our money back as I don't feel like getting the run-around. We installed to the Conex Prosight, which has been fantastic so far. It did take a bit of custom wiring and mounting to make it work, but it's been well worth it.

I would like to second this. We ordered the Inspire FPV system from DSLR pros and it was total garbage, utterly useless beyond 100ft. They also sent us a different monitor with the kit than was advertised, which promptly died on its first job... Complete waste of money, I'm not even going to bother trying to get our money back as I don't feel like getting the run-around. We installed to the Conex Prosight, which has been fantastic so far. It did take a bit of custom wiring and mounting to make it work, but it's been well worth it.

Any chance you'd email me your info on wiring/mounting the Conex Prosight on the Insprire? Just ordered on and hate to reinvent the wheel!! email is: [email protected]
Thanks!

I just ordered one of these as well. Would be nice to see how others have mounted it. Did you tap into the drone's battery or use an external one?

Sure here are some notes about how we did it.

-The camera was mounted to the front using the mounting bracket that came with the DSLR pros kit. (This was actually the only part from their kit we were able to salvage)

-The transmitter was mounted to the tail end of the aircraft using dual lock. We also mounted the transmitter between 2 lexan plates with air gaps between so that that the transmitter could get enough air to avoid overheating (not sure if this step is necessary)

-1300 MAH 3s battery mounted just below the transmitter for power

-Antenna mounted (with dual lock) up on the end of the rear tail fairing.

-Now the hard part... Connecting the transmitter and the camera. The cable that connects them has 14 small wires and is only 4 inches long. I had to solder in 14 extensions to make the cable long enough to reach from the back of the aircraft to the front. Not really complicated, just tedious and takes a little focus. I found that the wires did not cross positions from one connector to the other. For example pin 1 on one connector is wired to pin 1 on the other connector. But I would still map it all out before you cut this cable up.

-Drill a hole in the nose cone to route wires, and a couple zip ties to keep the wire harness in place and that's it.

Here are some pics, hope this helps. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_20161116_161208.jpg
    IMG_20161116_161208.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20161116_161216.jpg
    IMG_20161116_161216.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20161116_161232.jpg
    IMG_20161116_161232.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20161116_161242.jpg
    IMG_20161116_161242.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 64
Sure here are some notes about how we did it.

-The camera was mounted to the front using the mounting bracket that came with the DSLR pros kit. (This was actually the only part from their kit we were able to salvage)

-The transmitter was mounted to the tail end of the aircraft using dual lock. We also mounted the transmitter between 2 lexan plates with air gaps between so that that the transmitter could get enough air to avoid overheating (not sure if this step is necessary)

-1300 MAH 3s battery mounted just below the transmitter for power

-Antenna mounted (with dual lock) up on the end of the rear tail fairing.

-Now the hard part... Connecting the transmitter and the camera. The cable that connects them has 14 small wires and is only 4 inches long. I had to solder in 14 extensions to make the cable long enough to reach from the back of the aircraft to the front. Not really complicated, just tedious and takes a little focus. I found that the wires did not cross positions from one connector to the other. For example pin 1 on one connector is wired to pin 1 on the other connector. But I would still map it all out before you cut this cable up.

-Drill a hole in the nose cone to route wires, and a couple zip ties to keep the wire harness in place and that's it.

Here are some pics, hope this helps. Good luck.
Just wondering about the camera mount that came with the original kit - have you seen anything like it with other cameras or was it purpose built for the install by DSLRPro? I really like the idea of not having to drill out the nose cone and being able to adjust the angle too. Thanks in advance. All the best.
Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb