Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bad Rolling Shutter all settings

Reaction score
I have an issue with rolling shutter is really bad on full auto . Tried manual settings with 16ND , 1080p - 50fps , Sunny white balance auto ISO and EV-.3 & Mov & MP4 file still bad. It plays back perfect on the ipad . I have the issue when I download it to Final Cut Pro X or Lightroom . I have other drones no issues just the Inspire. I have been through the settings in FCPX and can file no reason for it . I can correct it in post but it degrades the film. It's the same rolling shutter with and without ND's.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks Rob

I have an issue with rolling shutter is really bad on full auto . Tried manual settings with 16ND , 1080p - 50fps , Sunny white balance auto ISO and EV-.3 & Mov & MP4 file still bad. It plays back perfect on the ipad . I have the issue when I download it to Final Cut Pro X or Lightroom . I have other drones no issues just the Inspire. I have been through the settings in FCPX and can file no reason for it . I can correct it in post but it degrades the film. It's the same rolling shutter with and without ND's.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks Rob
Are you saying you DO NOT have rolling shutter when viewing the footage on your iPad but you do when viewed via your NLE? If that's the case it is NOT rolling shutter but something else.
Can you post up some footage so we can see the problem?

Yes thats correct , something strange just happened as I was uploading to vimeo one clip only just snapped sharp. Uploading now it just failed only 40 secs thinking now it's a FCPX problem , give me 10 min . Thanks Rob

Ok I'm stumped here is the Vimeo link and it is perfect on my Vimeo page but now I have posted it the rolling shutter is back. But if you go full screen it's gone. In FCPX it's still so bad but the rolling shutter has gone in the upload to Vimeo if you go full screen ? This was shot on multiple settings auto , manual and different ND's

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't see any seriously noticeable rolling shutter artefacts in your footage whether viewed on your Vimeo page or in this post. The thing I do see that is more pronounced in your post here than on your Vimeo page is the moiré effect. If that is what you are referring to, it appears par for 1080 footage given the presence of so many parallel lines in the scene. You can try shooting at 4K to see if the higher resolution helps to reduce the effect.

Last edited:
Ok I'm stumped here is the Vimeo link and it is perfect on my Vimeo page but now I have posted it the rolling shutter is back. But if you go full screen it's gone. In FCPX it's still so bad but the rolling shutter has gone in the upload to Vimeo if you go full screen ? This was shot on multiple settings auto , manual and different ND's

I cant see any rolling shutter on my Mac.

I have put it down to FCPX or hardware issue the rolling shutter is there when view download clips. It's a stand alone Mac pro with 12TB storage dedicated to FCPX , it acts like a memory issue but it can't be . Anyway it's not the Inspire I know that for sure. I did a quick edit with all the different settings and it came out great . A pain to try and colour in post with the rolling shutter but when you export it boom it's gone. Very impressed with the inspire just so easy to fly and insanely stable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail