Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batteries, best practice

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone can clarify best battery practice - specifically the issue with needing a fully charged pack before each flight.

So, for example, I flew 10 days ago and when I returned home I charged my packs, intending to fly again the next day. That didn't happen, so my packs are sitting fully charged.

Now assuming I fly in the next few days, am I good to go or do I need to top off the packs… and if so, how do I go about doing that if they show as full/refuse to charge?

Bottom line I just want to avoid any of the "it was showing full but suddenly dropped to 10%" horror stories.

Thanks

In the DJI GO app, set your batteries to auto discharge after 2 days. That'll allow them to auto discharge to a safe level if you charge them and end up not flying.

In order to top off a battery that is close to fully charged, you'll need to turn on the battery and then hook it up to the battery charger.

As advice above and as per user manual manual page 21 item 2."If the battery level is above 95%, turn on the battery before charging."

Reactions: Spool
id set the self discharge to 10 days, then if you fly within 10 days you dont have to worry about it, if its set at 2 days youre more likely to have issues due to self discharging if you fly again within a few days. it takes 2 days to complete the self discharge cycle and the sudden drop issues are/were related to it activating the self discharge feature. they claim its fixed in newest firmware but i run older firmware so i cannot confirm nor deny.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont