Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batteries left at full charge fir a week

Reaction score
This may have been answered before, but there are times I fully intend to go flying and get all my batteries charged the night before, only to find that rain or some other unforeseen event prohibits me from flying. Now I have multiple batteries at full charge that I may not have the opportunity to use until the next weekend.

Is it ok to leave them fully charged all week, then put them in the charger to be sure they are full before my next flight? Or do I need to discharge them in some fashion if it's going to be a week or longer before I'm in the air again.

I appreciate any advice you might have in the subject,

Thanks,

Steve

By default, your batteries will start auto discharging to a safe storage level after 10 days. That discharge process takes about 2 days to complete. If you press the button on your battery to check the charge level, the 10-day period will be reset.

You can set that day length in the DJI GO app. I have mine set to 2 days in order to keep my batteries from sitting fully charged for a long period of time.

I set all my batteries to 3 day discharge in the app... and it takes care of dropping them down a bit after plans change.
After 3 days of sitting left alone (no pushing the button to check charge level ;))...
... battery tops will get mildly warm for about a day or so... (feel but don't push button, it will interrupt discharge)
After warmth goes away... you will find they have been discharged to a better range to sit at... :cool:

I have used 1 day... I have used 5 days... I have left at default 10 day...

Suggest you use whatever makes sense to you and your situation... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko