Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batteries showing 50% with lights but dead in App

Reaction score
Hi everyone I tested out my second hand Inspire 1v2 that came with three batteries. I attempted to top up the batteries each flashing up to third greet tree thing. But each time connected charger it turned off. Got on to seller who is going to send me another charger. Maiden flight took to open grass area where I put the tb48 battery in with 54% showing , took off critical voltage landed immediately. Tried next battery tb47 took off able to fly around couple of minutes. Tried third battery tb47 showing 61% took off went up 20ft , cut out and fell to earth breaking the vibration plate and snapping the gimble arm off the camera. Checked the two batteries showing they have charge on app only to show the green cells but no voltage available. They are still showing charge even now on the batteries themselves. Now I have a drone that needs repair , seller does t want to know and some batteries with issues. This is a software issue , come hardware and I have to pay to have it fixed. Dont expect DJI to come to the party on a old drone, this wasn’t human error and I do t think the seller knew , it was a professional spare drone. Really hard to source used parts in Australia.

This is most likely a battery issue and not a SW issue although it could be a combination. Sounds like the batteries are bad, never ever take off with a less than 100% full charged battery on an i1. The readings are notoriously inaccurate. There may also be internal defects after the crash that may not be visible.

Reactions: geoffedkins
Hi everyone I tested out my second hand Inspire 1v2 that came with three batteries. I attempted to top up the batteries each flashing up to third greet tree thing. But each time connected charger it turned off. Got on to seller who is going to send me another charger. Maiden flight took to open grass area where I put the tb48 battery in with 54% showing , took off critical voltage landed immediately. Tried next battery tb47 took off able to fly around couple of minutes. Tried third battery tb47 showing 61% took off went up 20ft , cut out and fell to earth breaking the vibration plate and snapping the gimble arm off the camera. Checked the two batteries showing they have charge on app only to show the green cells but no voltage available. They are still showing charge even now on the batteries themselves. Now I have a drone that needs repair , seller does t want to know and some batteries with issues. This is a software issue , come hardware and I have to pay to have it fixed. Dont expect DJI to come to the party on a old drone, this wasn’t human error and I do t think the seller knew , it was a professional spare drone. Really hard to source used parts in Australia.
Sorry to read about your troubles !
Unfortunately, the DJI intelligent circuit could have put these batteries in a deep sleep while being stored. You never trust the LED lights or the App until the batteries are fully charged. The safety circuit has been the root cause for many of these problems. I never fly unless the batteries are completely full period! DJI has made the batteries non user friendly and you cannot truly trust any power “%” in between uses. If your batteries were not topping off then the only thing you can do with the stock set up is put the battery in the drone and run it down to 8% and charge it again ( don’t fly it) hopefully this will reset the intelligent circuit. again sorry for your bad experience

Check out my video regarding a new battery long ago.
Rich

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail