Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Error?

Reaction score
I was out flying today and an error popped up that stated there was a battery error on a battery that was at 57%. It went away as soon as it came up. I landed the quad and checked the cells and they were all ok. None were showing low voltage.

I went ahead and replaced it and flew through 2 more batteries, and never seen the error again. I charged the battery that showed the error to 100% when I got home and flew it around the house and the error never showed up.

Is this just a bug, a misreading, or is this an indication that this battery is on its way out? It has 13 charges and shows 96% battery life.

I was out flying today and an error popped up that stated there was a battery error on a battery that was at 57%. It went away as soon as it came up. I landed the quad and checked the cells and they were all ok. None were showing low voltage.

I went ahead and replaced it and flew through 2 more batteries, and never seen the error again. I charged the battery that showed the error to 100% when I got home and flew it around the house and the error never showed up.

Is this just a bug, a misreading, or is this an indication that this battery is on its way out? It has 13 charges and shows 96% battery life.
Were you on a fast climb out at the time?

I was hovering, but behind a building which was about 20 meters away from my position. I thought I would check to see if others experienced this.

I do recall watching a youtube video where a guy was chasing a boat with a battery error the entire time.

I was hovering, but behind a building which was about 20 meters away from my position. I thought I would check to see if others experienced this.

I do recall watching a youtube video where a guy was chasing a boat with a battery error the entire time.
I don't suppose you happened to see what your individual cell voltages were looking like when it occured? Were you quite a few minutes into your flight so your battery was over 50% depleted?
I have seen this happen when a heavy load has been asked of the pack and the cells have an imbalance whilst discharging that is outside of DJI's programmed thresholds.
It usually disappears almost as soon as it appears but can be disconcerting

I appreciate the help.

That could be what caused it. I believe it was at 46% when it happened. Here is a visual of the actual flight. It showed up sometime between 12:08 and 12:09. I flew back over the building and checked the voltages there.

I pulled this off of the inspire in hopes of seeing some information about the battery, but no luck. Is there another way to see the inflight information? I tried with the dji flight log software that I use for my A2, but it would error when I tried to open this file.
Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 11.29.50 AM.png

I appreciate the help.

That could be what caused it. I believe it was at 46% when it happened. Here is a visual of the actual flight. It showed up sometime between 12:08 and 12:09. I flew back over the building and checked the voltages there.

I pulled this off of the inspire in hopes of seeing some information about the battery, but no luck. Is there another way to see the inflight information? I tried with the dji flight log software that I use for my A2, but it would error when I tried to open this file.
View attachment 5309

Upload the flight record to healthydrones.com

It will show you a huge amount of detail, including cell info, voltage, and battery faults

Last edited:
I have had this happen to me several times all on the same battery. It happens at seemingly random battery levels. It has never caused an issue, but is certainly a bit disconcerting. Currently still at V 1.4 - not sure if 1.5/1.6 would fix the problem. I don't think the heavy loads has been the issue when it has happened to me since the aircraft is flown in the same manner with all 4 batteries and only 1 produces the error. Really would like to know what is going on here.

I have had this happen to me several times all on the same battery. It happens at seemingly random battery levels. It has never caused an issue, but is certainly a bit disconcerting. Currently still at V 1.4 - not sure if 1.5/1.6 would fix the problem. I don't think the heavy loads has been the issue when it has happened to me since the aircraft is flown in the same manner with all 4 batteries and only 1 produces the error. Really would like to know what is going on here.
Cell imbalance under load.

Upload the flight record to healthydrones.com

It will show you a huge amount of detail, including cell info, voltage, and battery faults

I tried this, but they do not accept the dat files that are located on the inspire. Do you know where the txt files are located on the iPhone?

I tried this, but they do not accept the dat files that are located on the inspire. Do you know where the txt files are located on the iPhone?

Art to be clear: extract your flight record file(s) from the GO app directory.

Use iTunes and drag the FlightRecords directory to a PC folder.

Reactions: ringolong
Art to be clear: extract your flight record file(s) from the GO app directory.

Use iTunes and drag the FlightRecords directory to a PC folder.

You just saved me some searching time. Thanks!

It looks like the temperature of the battery hit 100 degrees Fahrenheit about when it showed that error. Is 100 degrees too hot for these batteries? I have noticed that these batteries get much hotter than my batteries on my other multi-rotors.

You just saved me some searching time. Thanks!

It looks like the temperature of the battery hit 100 degrees Fahrenheit about when it showed that error. Is 100 degrees too hot for these batteries? I have noticed that these batteries get much hotter than my batteries on my other multi-rotors.

According to the battery manual, the operating temp is -10 to 40 degrees C. 40 degrees C is 104 F, so 100 degrees F seems to be within limits.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines__en.pdf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime