Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery failure, black out after charging

Reaction score
I wanted to charge 3 pieces TB 48 and one pieceTB 47 on the loading hub. The batteries had already 7 to 18 charging cycles. The charging LEDs on the hub showed one by one permanent green. Unfortunately I could not fly the next day and therefor I left the batteries on the charger.
After about 10 days I have removed the batteries and had to realize that they were completely dead. No function was existing even though the charger showed constant 4 green LEDs.
Hoping to recover the batteries I had the lid of the batteries dismantled and as in Forum recommended the plug under the lid for a while pulled. This could only achieve that the battery LED 1 once, then LED 4 blink twice per second continuously. No additional function was possible. The batteries could not be used anymore.
DJI replaced the batteries instantly but without any comment- my question why the error or defect occurred remained unanswered.
Has anyone had a similar experience or an explanation for this? Must the batteries be removed immediately after charging - or when latest?

meanwhile I keep a close eye while charging on the batteries and try to remove them as soon they are charged.
Thanks

Just curious with all the information about LIPO batteries, that you would leave them ON the charger for that period of time, if, you had a faulty charger, or faulty hub, this is a recipe for disaster. Add into that, you should never leave battery on charge when you are not there, i can only assume that you did...

Id the worst had happened, and you had a fault while you are out, you may well find your insurer refusing to pay...! They are always looking for ways out of claims...

Personally, i think leaving them on a charger is reckless. But glad that DJI went out of there way to help you out, i don't think they had to do that though.

I wanted to charge 3 pieces TB 48 and one pieceTB 47 on the loading hub. The batteries had already 7 to 18 charging cycles. The charging LEDs on the hub showed one by one permanent green. Unfortunately I could not fly the next day and therefor I left the batteries on the charger.
After about 10 days I have removed the batteries and had to realize that they were completely dead. No function was existing even though the charger showed constant 4 green LEDs.
Hoping to recover the batteries I had the lid of the batteries dismantled and as in Forum recommended the plug under the lid for a while pulled. This could only achieve that the battery LED 1 once, then LED 4 blink twice per second continuously. No additional function was possible. The batteries could not be used anymore.
DJI replaced the batteries instantly but without any comment- my question why the error or defect occurred remained unanswered.
Has anyone had a similar experience or an explanation for this? Must the batteries be removed immediately after charging - or when latest?

meanwhile I keep a close eye while charging on the batteries and try to remove them as soon they are charged.
Thanks

Apparently, you weren't aware of the charging hub FW update. Read the note at the bottom.

Have to agree with Kevin_Hancox, it is negligent to leave Lipos on any charger for longer than it takes to charge them. :eek:

I cannot believe I am reading this thread!
10 days on charge with over 21,600mah of topped off lipos sitting there effectively on balance charge for nearly two weeks!!!!
I'm surprised you still have a house.

Reactions: inspire909
10 days on charge with over 21,600mah of topped off lipos sitting there effectively on balance charge for nearly two weeks!!!!

I was too to be honest...!

This stupidity of some people around LIPOs is incredible... And with the restrictions on planes you could bet this is the type of person that would leave them in the hold... Endangering everyones life...!

I am considering building a charging bunker for the amount of batteries i charge nowadays...!

Actually beating the guy in the ground is not productive - it actually might be a good thing so others will be aware!

The real blame and the stupid ones is none other then the genius's at DJI for not incorporating a simple "Time Out" feature so in the unlikely event someone does forget the charger, it simply goes to sleep!

Wake Up DJI!

Just a quick question, so how do you update the firmware on the hub when you only run OSX i have 8 bloody computers in the house, but none of them windows... Haha.

And no i am not going to run virtual software to do this, i refuse... ;)

Just curious with all the information about LIPO batteries, that you would leave them ON the charger for that period of time, if, you had a faulty charger, or faulty hub, this is a recipe for disaster. Add into that, you should never leave battery on charge when you are not there, i can only assume that you did...

Id the worst had happened, and you had a fault while you are out, you may well find your insurer refusing to pay...! They are always looking for ways out of claims...

Personally, i think leaving them on a charger is reckless. But glad that DJI went out of there way to help you out, i don't think they had to do that though.

You reply like a priest but you dont answer the question. One should think a simple overload protection should be part of

Just a quick question, so how do you update the firmware on the hub when you only run OSX i have 8 bloody computers in the house, but none of them windows... Haha.

And no i am not going to run virtual software to do this, i refuse... ;)
So fare nobody has a similar experience or an explaination. In case its the overloading - even a simple hand washing basin has a safety overflow. But the batteries still showed that blinking Led no. 4. so there could be any other fault as well.

You reply like a priest but you dont answer the question. One should think a simple overload protection should be part of

Of course, and with the protection in the batteries as well, then you have 2 circuits protecting, and if in the UK, you will also have a fused plug, and a fuse box.. However, these are LIPO batteries, and they go bang from heat, expansion, cold all sorts of reasons, a little knock could set it off 2 weeks later. Why would you risk it...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan