Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Issue

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the inspire but on first flight tonight on a what I was believing a full charge on New battery. The battery went from around 58% down to 4% and went into a forced landing. Seems like this has been an issue from reading through the forum. Is there anything I can do for this battery or should it be sent back for warranty replacement. Thanks for the comments

Hey guys. New to the inspire but on first flight tonight on a what I was believing a full charge on New battery. The battery went from around 58% down to 4% and went into a forced landing. Seems like this has been an issue from reading through the forum. Is there anything I can do for this battery or should it be sent back for warranty replacement. Thanks for the comments
What were the readings on battery cells with in the DJI Go App before take off? Did you go though your pre flight checks?

Last edited:
All checks were good. The cells were showing fully charged and 100% on the battery. It was the first flight, therefore I was going through some control and functional checks. The battery was solid until the 58% percent level when it suddenly dropped down to the 4% range. Appreciate your response. DA

All checks were good. The cells were showing fully charged and 100% on the battery. It was the first flight, therefore I was going through some control and functional checks. The battery was solid until the 58% percent level when it suddenly dropped down to the 4% range. Appreciate your response. DA
If the craft is brand new, I would suggest that you make a claim with DJI for the battery. Most avid pilots usually have more than one battery to test for this issue.Do you have another battery to test?

Hey there DA..
Welcome to the forum ...
wondering what firmware you're on??
Where did you take your cell reading? ?
If by chance you checked them by pressing the battery switch on and judging by the lights there's a possibility that they had already started to automatically discharge. .
if you don't start with a fully charged battery this could happen a couple firmware updates ago..
they were supposed to have fixed that issue in the new firmware. .
turbo. ..

Reactions: Blue Bird
If the craft is brand new, I would suggest that you make a claim with DJI for the battery. Most avid pilots usually have more than one battery to test for this issue.Do you have another battery to test?

Yes for sure. I bought 3 of the TB 48's. I will fly them tomorrow to check for issues. I have the 47 that is of concern on charge now. I will check it again to see if the condition persist. Thanks again for the input

Hey there DA..
Welcome to the forum ...
wondering what firmware you're on??
Where did you take your cell reading? ?
If by chance you checked them by pressing the battery switch on and judging by the lights there's a possibility that they had already started to automatically discharge. .
if you don't start with a fully charged battery this could happen a couple firmware updates ago..
they were supposed to have fixed that issue in the new firmware. .
turbo. ..

Thanks appreciate it! The readings were of the App under the battery management page. It has the latest firmware and all status levels are good showing the battery has the latest firmware. I have 3 more batteries I will be testing tomorrow. Thanks for the response.
DA

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Recalibrate the battery by draining it to 3.3 volts per cell and see if that corrects the issue. .
make sure and top off your batteries if they start to auto discharge before flying. .
also never run a battery down and then remove it from the ac ,and then re install it, and then use the remaining charge..
this has been reported to have caused the same issue as you described above on the new firmware. ..

Yes for sure. I bought 3 of the TB 48's. I will fly them tomorrow to check for issues. I have the 47 that is of concern on charge now. I will check it again to see if the condition persist. Thanks again for the input

Recalibrate the battery by draining it to 3.3 volts per cell and see if that corrects the issue. .
make sure and top off your batteries if they start to auto discharge before flying. .
also never run a battery down and then remove it from the ac ,and then re install it, and then use the remaining charge..
this has been reported to have caused the same issue as you described above on the new firmware. ..

Will do the recalibration down to 3.3 to see if that corrects. All batts are new and being charged to full this evening. All good advice and much appreciated. Thanks DA

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla