Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Life for Controller

Reaction score
Hello,

I am seriously considering getting an Inspire. I've thought about battery life, and couldn't find on these forums or anywhere else anyone mentioning the battery life of the controller. I want to know this information, because while I feel the often-received 15-minutes of flight is a little short of what I want (but I can deal with that), I am wondering if I would be stuck charging the controller all the time.

Does anyone know approximately for how many minutes (or how many flights) the controller battery lasts?

Thanks,
Dan

You can fly the Inspire for hours with a fully charged controller. I would probably estimate 6 flights minimum before you need to charge the controller.

Let me put in another way - you will need to charge the screen - android or apple many more times than charging the controller.

I agree with Mohan, looking at my stats I have charged the controller after approx every 10 full flights.

I don't think there is any published stats. It has a 8000ma battery (2s). There is absolutely nothing to worry about the controller battery life. It lasts for ages and ages ... I can't possibly think of a scenario where I would worry about the controller battery life. If you are that worried because you are away from power then you can use the lead that comes with the inspire to charge the controller from the inspire battery. I assume that at that stage you will be somewhere remote from power and would have 30 inspire batteries in your back pack.

Dji spec sheet on the website says 6000ma battery. Still it lasts a very long time for me I've noticed too.

Let me put in another way - you will need to charge the screen - android or apple many more times than charging the controller.
+1 to this. We've been out with at least 6 batteries and the controller outlasted all of them combined.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide