Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery maintenance...

Reaction score
I've looked over several old threads... sorry for the repeat if old question.
Some of the threads contradict each other and introduce confusion or accuracy.

I'm used to regular LiPo battery packs (3S to 6S) with the balancer lead & main power leads.
From this I can plug the balancer lead into a charger or a Revolectrix IR Meter to obtain the IR values of each cell. The Revolectrix can also be used on bench for quick measurements of per cell voltage & IR values for quickly monitoring pre-post flights & records.

The DJI intelligent battery (Mavic, Inspire, I2, M210, Spark, etc) are nice but also limited to connect to testers easily. Has anyone made or found a Battery Tester that has the various leads to connect to various DJI batteries?

Several Readers are going to respond not needed... it's an intelligent battery.
Well, that's all well and good, but I'd like to verify and monitor their "intelligence" and collect & record a little data so I can apply some intelligence too.

Questions:
1) Is there a DJI adaptable tester: IR & Voltages the contains multi-lead - adapters for various DJI batteries?
2) The "Logs" on the batteries: number of cycles, voltages, etc, is that extractable for record books.
3) The question of Intelligent and low drain points.
a) Read both ways, will the Intel Battery allow voltage to go below minimal voltage while flying. I've read that some say to hover the bird to minimal voltage to cycle battery and not to be concerned, the intel battery will not go below minimal.
b) Storage: will intel battery's storage procedure (after specified days) take battery down too low or to a level that battery will later drop below minimal and basically dead head itself?
4) The suggested method to cycle the battery: RC to Battery supplied lead, does that drain to what level? Storage, minimal for deep cycle?
5) For multiple batteries: Maintenance of multiple batteries at one session. Has any one made the simply light bulb drainer. If so, will the Intel Battery cut the drain at a certain point? What size bulb (resistance) has been suggested or used with the Intel Batteries? Anyone have a suggestion for a better battery drainer? Looking for a method to maintenance all batteries due on a certain day... exp: 90 day Sat morning routine.
6) Storage: Normally LiPo like to be stored in "Cool" temps... 50-60F. Is that applicable to DJI Intel Batteries too?
7) Are all DJI platform batteries LiHV or both LiPo & LiHV.
8) The Aftermarket fancy Open Well Multi-Battery chargers, any comments, beneficial compared to Hex Pak w 180 Charger?
9) Are the various DJI battery Mate-leads available to make custom leads?

Any additional suggestions, comments all beneficial especially if in one thread for reference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla