Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Not Updating

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this was addressed sometime last year but there didn't seem to be a fix, plus...there have been a few fw updates since then so I thought I would ask again. I just purchased 2 new batteries and when I put them into my Inspire, the Go App told me that the battery needed to be updated. I wen't through the normal process of fw update as I have in the past with batteries and nothing happened. The inspire powered on just like normal but didn't go through the update process. Does anyone know what may be going on? I know that the fw on the battery is quite old and dji support told me to install the 1.3 fw on it first but I can't seem to do that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Mike

Yes, I understand that but the problem is that the batteries won't update, no matter what I try

Did you ever get your batteries updated?

My method: After not reading the update instructions after a long winter I had trouble updating the bird because I updated the app first, etc...... Anywho.. after bird and app successfully updated I confirmed which of my batteries needed updating (and mind you - I bricked one with my initial update but I got it back - not sure how).

1) Everything Powered OFF - Bird, Controller, App
2) Put the card in the camera.
3) Power on Controller, Power on App (IOS-Trust Computer), Power on Bird.
4) Listen for fast beeps: Bip,Bip,Bip,Bip,Bip,Bip
5) Listen for updating beeps: Beep Beep Beep Beep - Short Pause - Beep Beep Beep Beep
6) Listen for "update done" beeps: Beeeeeeep, Beep Beep - Short Pause - Beeeeep, Beep Beep
7) Turn off bird then shut down app - leave the controller powered on.
8) Power on bird and what for it to fully boot, no beeping from camera then open the app and check status.

Hope that works

I am having the same issues. I have just upgraded to the inspire 1 pro and have updated all batteries except for the newest one we just purchased. I have successfully updated all batteries multiple times but this one does not want to budge. I have used 3 different memory cards including the one that came with the aircraft and formatted first. I have put original lenses on. I have the remote off. i have done every trouble shoot i can think of, any help would be much appreciated.

I figured it out on my end by taking the extra numbers off of the filename.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018